Why don't we see this kind of advertising for wp7 and it's phones in NA

Nemesis-X

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
But you can buy the HTC Titan and the Samsung Focus S. You'd think Microsoft would want to advertise with all of it's partners who produce phones for wp7.

jeremyshaw

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Maybe MS is just laying the groundwork, now. We're like the massive beta group :p Wait until the Apollo arrives... the harbinger of the future, as MS sees it :D

edit:kk, that was cheesy.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
This was more Nokia's doing than Microsoft.

It was mighty awesome though. Would love to see stuff like that here.

N8ter

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
American consumers are a bit less fickle than Europeans. That's why Apple doesn't grow large marketshare, but they never lose any, and Android is gaining the way it is. People here are generally not likely to consider alternatives as much, especially when almost all those phones come with locked 3G bands or from a carrier on contract.

If they just bought phonex, they won't care that Microsoft has great advertising. The amount of the market that chases technology the way many early adopters here do, is very very small.

I don't think we'll see the full impact Nokia and the better WP7 devices (and later updates) have on the market until a lot of those contracts fall off next year...

falconeight#IM

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Its the reason you see all young americans wearing exactly the same outfits at the same time. They are told what is cool they don't decide what is cool. Thats left to the europeans.

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Its the reason you see all young americans wearing exactly the same outfits at the same time. They are told what is cool they don't decide what is cool. Thats left to the europeans.

Nice stereotype.

I do not care about trendy fashion or trendy stuff. I buy what I want and think is cool. I would almost guarantee most of that does not get on the european "cool" list.

Is the OP the Deadmou5 show on the building? That was amazing to watch on youtube even. Would have loved to be able to attend something like that.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Guess you missed that 50' tall Windows Phone in NYC two weeks ago. When Nokia finally hits the US shore I am certain they will do it with a bang.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
If you go to Disneyland, they have a similar thing they do with the Small World building. It's pretty amazing to see these projection shows in person. The accuracy of the projections can be quite impressive. They can make individual windows look like they're opening and closing because the projection lines up perfectly with the window. To see it on the huge scale that Nokia did would be awesome.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Guess you missed that 50' tall Windows Phone in NYC two weeks ago. When Nokia finally hits the US shore I am certain they will do it with a bang.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Damn, you beat me too it...can't believe it took someone that long though to mention it!

Yea...but Europe is way cooler than the US...you would never see something as cool as the 50' Windows Phone they are building in Paris in the US. Amirite? :straight:

marbla

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
There simply is no "Europe" it is a group of several markets that often don't overlap . So I think that the US as a single country actually has more going on than most other countries. I'm sure Nokia has something planned in Europe.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
the fact that MS invested 7-8 billion into NOKIA they tend to push nokia a little more then Samsung and HTC that has ZERO investment from MS

marbla

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
I don't even have to "read" any further to "know" that a post that starts like that is going "south" in a "hurry".
Oops, I am sorry that the post didn't convey what I meant to say more specifically. While I would describe myself as a European, the fact is that markets in the countries are often autonomous. A sweepstake or coupon in Britain rarely works in Germany and vice versa. That is what I meant with my statement.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes