Marketplace issues, Zune Service problem

spokanedj

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I upgraded from a Focus to a Focus S, and gave my Focus to my Daugther (she had an LG Quantum). Now my daughter has her own Live ID and Zune account seperate from mine and had many purchased apps on her account. When I configured the Focus on her account, I noticed it asked me about the "You need to create an account for Marketplace..." stuff, which seemed really off to me (since her account already existed). I just rushed through it and then started installing apps. Quickly I realized there was no app history and went to windowsphone.com to see they were all blank.

After calling Zune support, they credited me back $25 and sent me on my marrily way. I wasn't necessarily happy with the resolution, but I have other things to deal with.

So tonight, I noticed Marketplace, on my phone, shows 1 up to update. I click update all and, what, it wants me to create a new account. I click Login in Zune and it wants me to create an account!? Going to windowsphone.com, I've got NO app purchase history.

So right now, Zune support Support | Zune.net shows a "Status: Service Alert" with this on the next page:

Users may experience difficulties with the following services:

You won’t be able to access or sign in on Zune.net (including the Zune forums and the Zune service site) and Zune marketplace. We’re working on the problem. Sorry for the inconvenience, and thanks for your patience.
We are aware of the problem and are working to resolve the issue. We apologize for any inconvenience​

So I guess I'm gonna sit tight and hope I don't loose all my app purchases as well. If I loose my app purchase history, this is going to be very frustrating!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss