12-07-2011 05:51 PM
- I have all of my contacts loaded from my corporate Exchange server. Everyone has the same "main" work phone number listed in the Work 2 field.
When I receive a phone call from work the outbound caller's caller ID is the main office number. How does the phone decide which picture to display if everyone has that number listed in their contact?
It seems to have randomly pick one person and now always shows that persons picture when anyone from the company calls me.
Can I force the phone to show a certain picture for a particular phone number?12-07-2011 09:06 AM
- Just chose your contact (long hold / edit) and click on their photo, then chose a photo you'd like to use for that particular contact. :)
(You have the option to use a photo on the phone or take their photo using the camera)
Hope that's what you're after lolakr.12-07-2011 09:40 AM
So if I have
all with the same phone number, how do I tell the phone which contact to use?12-07-2011 09:51 AM
- Do those people have different extensions? If not, then there's no reason to put their work number on their contact. I have a similar situation at work. I have one contact for my work. I do not put the work number for my coworkers. That way if a coworker calls me from his/her personal phone, it comes up as them, and if they call me from work, it comes up as work.12-07-2011 09:52 AM
- The work number is autopopulated from the Corporate GAL. I don't think I can edit each contact and strip out the phone number. There should be a set as default option for a particular phone number.
What about your home phone number. If you have contacts for Mom, Dad, Sister, Brother and someone calls from the home number how does the phone decide which picture to display?12-07-2011 10:08 AM
- Simple I have a Mom & Dad Home Contact. If they call me from that number I know it immediately.
I wonder if you put in a false contact for that outgoing number and use the number as its main number, maybe it would always use that contact photo for calls coming from that number. Since the others have it listed as second numbers maybe precedent would be given to the contact with the number as main.12-07-2011 12:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD