Picture display when phone rings

lolakr

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
I have all of my contacts loaded from my corporate Exchange server. Everyone has the same "main" work phone number listed in the Work 2 field.

When I receive a phone call from work the outbound caller's caller ID is the main office number. How does the phone decide which picture to display if everyone has that number listed in their contact?

It seems to have randomly pick one person and now always shows that persons picture when anyone from the company calls me.

Can I force the phone to show a certain picture for a particular phone number?

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Just chose your contact (long hold / edit) and click on their photo, then chose a photo you'd like to use for that particular contact. :)

(You have the option to use a photo on the phone or take their photo using the camera)

Hope that's what you're after lolakr.

lolakr

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Just chose your contact (long hold / edit) and click on their photo, then chose a photo you'd like to use for that particular contact. :)

(You have the option to use a photo on the phone or take their photo using the camera)

Hope that's what you're after lolakr.
I am looking to add another contact called Company Name and tell the phone to display that contact photo when the corporate phone number comes up on caller ID.

So if I have

Contact A
Contact B
Contact C

all with the same phone number, how do I tell the phone which contact to use?

Rhody#WP

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Do those people have different extensions? If not, then there's no reason to put their work number on their contact. I have a similar situation at work. I have one contact for my work. I do not put the work number for my coworkers. That way if a coworker calls me from his/her personal phone, it comes up as them, and if they call me from work, it comes up as work.

lolakr

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
The work number is autopopulated from the Corporate GAL. I don't think I can edit each contact and strip out the phone number. There should be a set as default option for a particular phone number.

What about your home phone number. If you have contacts for Mom, Dad, Sister, Brother and someone calls from the home number how does the phone decide which picture to display?

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Simple I have a Mom & Dad Home Contact. If they call me from that number I know it immediately.

I wonder if you put in a false contact for that outgoing number and use the number as its main number, maybe it would always use that contact photo for calls coming from that number. Since the others have it listed as second numbers maybe precedent would be given to the contact with the number as main.

Rhody#WP

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if the contact it chooses is the first alphabetically. If that's true, then you can create a contact for the company and give it a name like "...XYZ Company" to ensure it appears first alphabetically.

randywintle

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I think your local contacts override the gal. Try creating a local one with that number and assign a picture.

Sent from my SGH-i937 using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism