SMS from iPhone to Windows Phone?

myanimator

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm hoping someone here might have a simple solution for this.... I have upgraded from my iPhone 3G to my super awesome HTC Titan and need to transfer my text messages.

I had no idea but apparently the pre-4 iPhone (like my 3G) did not save Contacts and SMS onto the sim card, so when my sim card was moved to the Titan I didn't get anything. Fortunately my contacts were backed up and on google so that fixed that but my SMS (text messages) are still stuck on the iPhone 3G. Does anyone know of a way to move them over?

thanks!

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
SMS never got saved on the SIM. I have had all of them, but if AT&T have cellbrites (xfer contacts and the like from one phone to another), you can hopefully get a rep to do that for you.

Sprint have them, but good luck getting someone at a Sprint store to do it. They are unreliable IMO and I've seen it where contacts, pictures and sms were lost because it was just too much info to xfer.

myanimator

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
SMS never got saved on the SIM. I have had all of them, but if AT&T have cellbrites (xfer contacts and the like from one phone to another), you can hopefully get a rep to do that for you.

Sprint have them, but good luck getting someone at a Sprint store to do it. They are unreliable IMO and I've seen it where contacts, pictures and sms were lost because it was just too much info to xfer.

I guess I can swing by an AT&T Store to see if they can help me out. Do you know if it would wipe out the current information on my new phone or merge it?

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I guess I can swing by an AT&T Store to see if they can help me out. Do you know if it would wipe out the current information on my new phone or merge it?
To tell you the truth, I'm not sure. Sync your device with Zune first though.

At Sprint (where I work), I always tell customers it will wipe all current info on the new device, but I only say that to save my backside. It may actually merge, but like I said, I saw an instance where the person's info was wiped and they never synced prior.

myanimator

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
I just wanted to add to this thread that I stopped by the AT&T store and the only thing they can transfer are the Contacts, which I already had transfered. So no luck on anything else. I just ended up using DiskAid to backup everything from my 3g iphone onto my computer in case I ever need to reference it.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Well. Tell them an employee sent you to xfer your SMS. I verified with my boy who works there. They shy away from it because depending on the amount of SMS you have, things can go wrong. Then again, I'll double check to see if they're able to pull from an iPhone and push it to a windows phone.

iOS and windows phone are two different beasts.

Sent from my HTC Titan using Board Express

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans