new update notice for T-Mobile HD7

kmmcdonald

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
I received a notice today that a new update was available, and to connect the phone to my PC. The last update installed the unfortunate "dynamic MAC address" feature, which has caused me problems. I wish to understand this update before I install it. Does anyone here know what this update does?

thanks

Keith

N8ter

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I like how the "more info" link never has anything useful about the update that's available. In any case, I will download it, since it can't hurt anymore than the Mango "poof there goes your keyboard, and enjoy the terrible screen sensitivity and lag while using your phone when it's plugged in" update...

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
The one issue I do know this update fixed was the Visual Voicemail issue where many peeps would try and enable the feature under Settings>Applications>Phone and the "Visual Voicemail" toggle would never work (I was having the issue until the update) you would flip the switch and it would just stay on the on but with the color grayed out and the "processing dots" at the top of the screen would just keep going for about 30-40 seconds and then a pop-up that said "something went wrong" would come up and it recommended calling the carrier to "enable" the visual voicemail feature (although I had done that quite a while ago) I actually knew about this update for about three weeks already but I didn't think it'd be such a big deal. A T-Mobile tech told me that the update was specifically for the VVM and an Exchange Server issue or something. Anyway, hope this post helped.

N8ter

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Keyboard still broken. Phone still becomes almost unusable if you plug it into external power and try to use it...

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Keyboard still broken. Phone still becomes almost unusable if you plug it into external power and try to use it...

You might want to have your phone looked at because I can plug mine in to both my laptop or an outlet and use it just fine. As for the keyboard that one is all on Microsoft as it's an OS bug not an OEM bug, the update was an HTC firmware update not an OS update from Microsoft. This has been discussed before both in other threads and in the WPCentral podcast, the keyboard bug is the background tasks that apps run in the background (obviously) to pull data from where ever they need to pull the data from. When apps start to pull down data in the background and the keyboard is open, for some reason the background agents take the OS's focus away from the keyboard (thereby closing the keyboard) and focuses on the background tasks. So much for background right? lol

Edit: my guess is that the OS can only currently focus on two things at once: the currently running app and the background agents. If the keyboard is open then theoretically the OS would have three tasks running: the "foreground" task (keyboard) the "in-memory" task (currently running app) and the background agents (apps pulling data in the background)

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99