A Peculiar Problem/ Observation

abhayvir

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Hi

I own a Dell Venue Pro, and I absolutely love it. However, recently after an update (my os version is 7.10.7740.16), I observed the following:

Before the update my app screen had alphabetical separators (like in contacts/ people)

After the update the app screen is now one long list.

Is it possible to get those separators again as I was very much used to those as it was much faster to find an app that way.

thanks

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Have you uninstalled any apps? Needs a certain number of apps for the alphabetic separators to appear, try installing a few more.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Idont want to add apps just to be adding apps if it seems to be something I want I will try it For me I just want my device to do, via apps or the os and MS programs that are already there, to help me to do what I need to do mobilely for my job first and keep up with the community and world around me while not so engaged. I have a great bible app for church and daily reading and a few other apps to help with shopping keping track of minutes and data personal and work calendar and to dos etc. I may start lsitening to music and I have tunedin radio which is interesting.

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Idont want to add apps just to be adding apps if it seems to be something I want I will try it For me I just want my device to do, via apps or the os and MS programs that are already there, to help me to do what I need to do mobilely for my job first and keep up with the community and world around me while not so engaged. I have a great bible app for church and daily reading and a few other apps to help with shopping keping track of minutes and data personal and work calendar and to dos etc. I may start lsitening to music and I have tunedin radio which is interesting.

To be quite honest I think the method employed by Microsoft is really good if you have less than forty apps then there is a good chance that all the "key" apps you use can be pinned to the start screen without having a long start screen. I find that the more apps I have installed the more diverse my start screen gets but the number of tiles that are pinned normally never passes more than twenty to twenty-five. I find that I'll just swipe to the right and occasionally use the jumplist feature but I'll occasionally also use the search feature which is always present regardless of whether or not you have more than 40 apps. If you are STILL finding yourself in a "gray area" from the methods I just described and it annoys you enough, then go complain to Microsoft they DO have a feature request forum now. If that STILL doesn't satisfy you then find another smartphone platform. I don't mean to sound hostile I'm just speaking the truth.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium