Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

So out of the blue today, I am no longer able to sync music with Zune and my WP7 running OS 7.10.7720.68. The last time I tried was a few days ago and it worked fine. Now, whenever I connect my phone to my computer the phone icon in the lower left hand corner of zune appears, but then when I click ANYTHING in zune (collection, phone, settings, music, etc.) the icon immediately disappears. My phone keeps charging. Anyone familiar with this problem? I have an HTC trophy. Is there a way I can set up my itunes to sync to my phone?

Try a different USB cable. I had one go bad and it acted this way.

Global Posts
    1,011 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mattschwabby View Post
    So out of the blue today, I am no longer able to sync music with Zune and my WP7 running OS 7.10.7720.68. The last time I tried was a few days ago and it worked fine. Now, whenever I connect my phone to my computer the phone icon in the lower left hand corner of zune appears, but then when I click ANYTHING in zune (collection, phone, settings, music, etc.) the icon immediately disappears. My phone keeps charging. Anyone familiar with this problem? I have an HTC trophy. Is there a way I can set up my itunes to sync to my phone?
    Go to settings>phone on zune and click on any tab that requires your phone to be connected. Do they show information about your phone?

ex: when you click on reserved space tab does it show u the info?

Quote Originally Posted by propeller10 View Post
    Go to settings>phone on zune and click on any tab that requires your phone to be connected. Do they show information about your phone?

ex: when you click on reserved space tab does it show u the info?
    No. It says connect your phone for more info.

Try a different USB cable. I had one go bad and it acted this way.
    I tried with both of my cables. Same behavior with each. The phone still charges, Zune just doesn't recognize it.

Is your Windows Live account still active? A while ago, mine expired due to lack of activity, and I could not sync to Zune.

Same happened to me. Unfortunately I had to get a new phone as it was the mini-usb port that gave out.

Luckily I had about 2 weeks worth of warranty left with AT&T and I didn't have any issue getting a replacement. Actually the new phone (Focus) had a cover for the usb port where the original did not.

I would recommend trying to sync to Zune using a different PC before giving up.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,284 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gsquared View Post
    ....I would recommend trying to sync to Zune using a different PC before giving up.
    +1 There could be a PC problem. Testing on another PC would help narrow the problem down.
    Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com