Any have issues with location services not working?

dj9928

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I have had 2 LG Optimus 7 phones, the location services do not work on either, whether it be bing maps, geotag photos, twitter etc no location services work. If outside in the open might if your lucky get a fix, but is very slow to update making it virtually useless anyway. It doesn't seem to use WiFi or cell towers to get locations.

Searching online I can't find a fix, I find Samsung and LG users with this complaint but no fix, haven't noticed any complaints from HTC users.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Location service works on the A-GPS, meaning the GPS is assisted by measuring the distance from cell towers. Without the "assist", your phone would take longer to get a fix outside using only the GPS. I don't know what country you are from, but I would imagine it could be your carrier doesn't support this function.

That's my best guess.

dj9928

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Location service works on the A-GPS, meaning the GPS is assisted by measuring the distance from cell towers. Without the "assist", your phone would take longer to get a fix outside using only the GPS. I don't know what country you are from, but I would imagine it could be your carrier doesn't support this function.

That's my best guess.

I'm in the UK on Vodafone, it locks instantly indoors on my iPhone 4 so it is supported

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I'm in the UK on Vodafone, it locks instantly indoors on my iPhone 4 so it is supported

In that case, it certainly sounds like the assist part of the A-GPS isn't working. I would imagine you have all the latest updates on the phone, correct?

dj9928

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
In that case, it certainly sounds like the assist part of the A-GPS isn't working. I would imagine you have all the latest updates on the phone, correct?

This one is on Mango, the previous one was on the original Windows 7 from launch.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3