Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By joemd60
  • 1 Post By TheWeeBear
  1.    #1  
    Hi, I don't use skydrive to store pictures on, so I currently have 3 blank albums (photos, mobile uploads and skydrive camera roll) from skydrive wasting screen space in the pictures hub. Is it possible to hide these?

Global Posts
    2,041 Global Posts
    You can go into Skydrive on your pc and delete them. I would just leave the blank albums in the picture hub. Only because I have deleted them several times, but they keep reappearing.
    When you go into Skydrive, click on the folder you want to delete and scroll to the right. You will see an option to delete the folder.
    Thanked by:
    aubreyq likes this.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by joemd60 View Post
    You can go into Skydrive on your pc and delete them. I would just leave the blank albums in the picture hub. Only because I have deleted them several times, but they keep reappearing.
    When you go into Skydrive, click on the folder you want to delete and scroll to the right. You will see an option to delete the folder.

Global Posts
    2,041 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by littlesteelo16 View Post
    You're quite welcome. :)
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    5,295 Global Posts
    Just deleted all the folders on my SkyDrive with the new SkyDrive App and loaded up my albums on the phone, SkyDrive folders all dissappeared, much more convenient than messing about on the PC. Nice. :)

Sent from my HTC Titan using Board Express

.........HANDSET: Nokia Lumia 920
    .........COUNTRY: Scotland UK
    .........NETWORK: 3 UK
    Thanked by:
    joemd60 likes this.

Global Posts
    2,041 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWeeBear View Post
    Just deleted all the folders on my SkyDrive with the new SkyDrive App and loaded up my albums on the phone, SkyDrive folders all dissappeared, much more convenient than messing about on the PC. Nice. :)

Sent from my HTC Titan using Board Express
    Let us know if they reappear WeeBear. :)
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    5,295 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joemd60 View Post
    Let us know if they reappear WeeBear. :)
    Phone been turned off all night, turned it on this morning, went to Albums, still no SkyDrive folders. Lovely! :D

.........HANDSET: Nokia Lumia 920
    .........COUNTRY: Scotland UK
    .........NETWORK: 3 UK
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    2,041 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWeeBear View Post
    Phone been turned off all night, turned it on this morning, went to Albums, still no SkyDrive folders. Lovely! :D
    :)

Do you still have your albums on SkyDrive though? I also see Facebook albums showing up in the Photos Hub, do you know if this can be taken off?

You can just move those images to any folder you create or in the Documents folder by logging into your skydrive account. It would be hidden from your phone.

Badal

What if I want to hide my Skydrive albums from the Photos Hub in the phone but keep auto-uploading of the captured photos to the cloud and being able to occasionaly do "mobile uploads"? Because I would already have these on my phone, and don't want to see duplicate folders like "Camera Roll", "Saved pictures", "Mobile uploads" etc.
    I also believe you can "long press & hold" delete right from the phones pictures hub.

No such option, only pin to start is possible.

i have my photos stored in Mobile Uploads, Pictures, SkyDrive Camera Roll but when i open the pictures hub in phone then i just see the "grey" thumbnail instead of a picture thumbnail of that album. How can i make them visible ? because the grey blank thumbnails looks irritating by consuming display of pictures hub.

can i able to hide video and photo , without locking them? sorry for my bad English.
    You mean in your phone or in SkyDrive folders?
    LG Optimus Me - LG Optimus 7

in my phone , will it be possible?

Create a new folder on Skydrive web version, open it and click on the icon just below your profile picture (it is right to the details and thumbnails view buttons), it will open the details panel. On information click "change" on folder type and select "documents". Now, move all your pictures from the pictures folder to the new folder (I named it as "Private pictures" xD).

Now, the picture hub will show an empty pictures folder.
    Thanked by:

Thx for all the tips