The biggest issue I have with Windows Phone

propeller10

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
I have owned many mp3 players and usually when I reduce the volume the music slowly fades away until it is mute. (we all know that :D)

But with windows phones it is a different story. The lowest volume setting (which is 1) is still quite loud. And there is a huge difference in volume between 1 and 0. ( 0 is mute)

Which means there is absolutely no way that you can reduce the volume any lower than 1. There are no software controls built-in to any WP music players (zune, spotify) and the only way to reduce the volume is by using headphones that have volume control wheels built in to the wire.

EDIT: I am strictly speaking of volume through headphones when listening to music.

Last edited:

Tee

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
I have owned many mp3 players and usually when I reduce the volume the music slowly fades away until it is mute. (we all know that :D)

But with windows phones it is a different story. The lowest volume setting (which is 1) is still quite loud. And there is a huge difference in volume between 1 and 0. ( 0 is mute)

Which means there is absolutely no way that you can reduce the volume any lower than 1. There are no software controls built-in to any WP music players (zune, spotify) and the only way to reduce the volume is by using headphones that have volume control wheels built in to the wire.
I will assume you're using an Omnia 7, it's a known issue for that phone. There's kind of a way to get around it by going through diagnose tool ##634#

jeremyshaw

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
On speaker, I've noticed the Focus S has a lower volume floor than my Focus or Titan. Headset, I'm still liking the Focus better PURELY for audio quality reasons, so whatever I say on that is going to be baised, lol.

propeller10

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
Well my only issue here is that I cannot reduce the volume any lower and the lowest setting available (which is 1) is MUCH louder than one would expect it to be.

ght

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
Sane issue on Trophy. 1 is so loud I can't play Fruit Ninja without everyone in the house hearing it, but too low to gear ringers and alerts.

Sent from my mwp6985 using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3