Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    1,011 Global Posts
    I have owned many mp3 players and usually when I reduce the volume the music slowly fades away until it is mute. (we all know that :D)

But with windows phones it is a different story. The lowest volume setting (which is 1) is still quite loud. And there is a huge difference in volume between 1 and 0. ( 0 is mute)

Which means there is absolutely no way that you can reduce the volume any lower than 1. There are no software controls built-in to any WP music players (zune, spotify) and the only way to reduce the volume is by using headphones that have volume control wheels built in to the wire.

EDIT: I am strictly speaking of volume through headphones when listening to music.
    Last edited by propeller10; 12-12-2011 at 08:06 PM.
  2. Tee

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by propeller10 View Post
    I have owned many mp3 players and usually when I reduce the volume the music slowly fades away until it is mute. (we all know that :D)

But with windows phones it is a different story. The lowest volume setting (which is 1) is still quite loud. And there is a huge difference in volume between 1 and 0. ( 0 is mute)

Which means there is absolutely no way that you can reduce the volume any lower than 1. There are no software controls built-in to any WP music players (zune, spotify) and the only way to reduce the volume is by using headphones that have volume control wheels built in to the wire.
    I will assume you're using an Omnia 7, it's a known issue for that phone. There's kind of a way to get around it by going through diagnose tool ##634#

Global Posts
    1,011 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tee View Post
    I will assume you're using an Omnia 7, it's a known issue for that phone. There's kind of a way to get around it by going through diagnose tool ##634#
    Actually, this has been the case for both samsung focus and HTC titan.

Just curious.. in what situation are you guys in where Volume level 1 is too loud? Also, speaker or headset?
    Samsung Focus → Samsung Focus S → HTC Titan → Nokia Lumia 920 :)

Global Posts
    1,011 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sfleuriet View Post
    Just curious.. in what situation are you guys in where Volume level 1 is too loud? Also, speaker or headset?
    When I'm listening to music in my room. And I am using regular headphones.

Global Posts
    1,447 Global Posts
    Yeah I agree. Seems to me like 1-3 are about the same volume on my titan when using the speaker.

Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    On speaker, I've noticed the Focus S has a lower volume floor than my Focus or Titan. Headset, I'm still liking the Focus better PURELY for audio quality reasons, so whatever I say on that is going to be baised, lol.

Global Posts
    1,011 Global Posts
    Well my only issue here is that I cannot reduce the volume any lower and the lowest setting available (which is 1) is MUCH louder than one would expect it to be.
  9. ght

Global Posts
    881 Global Posts
    Sane issue on Trophy. 1 is so loud I can't play Fruit Ninja without everyone in the house hearing it, but too low to gear ringers and alerts.

Sent from my mwp6985 using Board Express