WPCentral Samsung Focus S Giveaway

MannLou

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Simple variations. Now in 2 additional flavors.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

z8er

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site

Thanks again to everyone who liked my previous entries! :D

One last try from me. The future headquarters of WPCentral!

Thanks!

:D

WPC_CAMPUS_001.jpg

Last edited:

J4rrod

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Going to repost mine with the image appearing in this post.

Original post:
"I went with the Metro theme. Took me about 4 hours to make because A) I only had Microsoft Paint to work with, and B) the Fill button in Paint wouldn't work with the images y'all gave us. I hope you guys like it."

19782d1324159832-wpcentral-metro-logo-final.jpg

Leapo

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
My submission:

Edit: be sure to click for full size, the scan-lines make it look weird in the scaled image
xNt9B.jpg

Last edited:

hss.strat

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I've been reading WPCentral's RSS feed every day since picking up my Samsung Focus. I am absolutely in love with WP7.5. The simplicity, beautiful interface and unique personality have won me over from the iPhone camp. In fact I convinced 3 people at work to switch over in the passed three months. And that is in no small part thanks to WPCentral for keeping me up on the latest wp news and upcoming apps. Just recently I got "Yeah, but your phone doesn't even have Pandora" and was able to show the guy your article on the Pandora SDK and subsequent app.

So when I saw the article giving an opportunity to submit a WPCentral branded wallpaper I was thrilled. I was even further thrilled by the prospect of winning the new Focus S (hello storage memory how I've missed you).

I started with the flat, straight forward design of Metro and then added a lived in touch which I felt reflects what I've seen as WPCentral's mission. If Microsoft's goal is to hand you a shiny new phone fresh off the factory line, WPCentral's mission is to make it your own personalized device. Colors are all WP standard (with slight gradients for glam-a-fication). The bottom shadow serves dual purpose of shading (sort of) the date/calendar text and separating the notifications portion from being lost in the above text.

If anyone has any problems with alignment or colors on their device please let me know. I have versions in all the accent colors including Nokia blue. But this one specifically uses the WPCentral colors. Thanks

View attachment 19850

19850d1324370734-wpcentralblue.jpg

EDIT:
Here's what it looks like with the lockscreen info on it. I think it looks so much better with the type on it.
View attachment 19975

Last edited:

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
wpcsun.png

I just love messing around with Photoshop. Think I need therapy.

That Focus S sure is spurring me on though! :D

Last edited:

Mahesha999

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Seriously great designs.
I am thinking about how it should be. WP provides consistent feel thru its Metro UI. So I was thinking about creating something that will be more uniform-metro like and will give feel that screen was unlocked rather swiping a 'wallpaper'.

Metro is simple and minimal (no flashes/glows), intuitive (tiles quickly tempts person to touch and see it) and intelligent (tiles are live).

So I tried to design possibly a Metro like theme which I feel minimal (no flashes/glows), intuitive (uses a gray mask which give feel of tiles been locked/covered) and have focus on wpcentral logo thru an arrow that appears in Metro UI.

My idea is not to have any object or real world entity in the lockscreen making sense of something more than "wpcentrals lockscreen". So I used Metro UI compnents plus the wpcentrals logo only and kept the lockscreen completely abstract otherwise.

I feel "logo and name both" should be there clear and big enough.
Some more are there in next post.
View attachment 19851

View attachment 19852

View attachment 19853

View attachment 19854

View attachment 19855

19853d1324382995-vertical-top-right-all-white-lumia-800.png

19855d1324383027-top-horz-all-white-focus-s.png

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads