Few clarifications

howardmoore

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
MODERATORS - I realise this is in the wrong section - please can you move it to discussions about the OS? Thanks, Neil

-----------------------------------------

Hi All,

I'm still pretty new to WP, and I have a couple of questions to see if the software already does what I want, or if there are any apps that do it.

1. The first one is AUTO-ON / OFF. I cannot see that this is a feature, so if it isn't does anyone know of an app that does it?

2. If I manually turn the phone off at night, I have noticed that the alarm doesn't come on. Is this meant to happen?

3. Is is possible to add attachments (documents) to an email when replying / forwarding, or do they have to be completely new emails? Seems like a really weird restriction here!

Many thanks,
Neil

mike311

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
MODERATORS - I realise this is in the wrong section - please can you move it to discussions about the OS? Thanks, Neil

-----------------------------------------

Hi All,

I'm still pretty new to WP, and I have a couple of questions to see if the software already does what I want, or if there are any apps that do it.

1. The first one is AUTO-ON / OFF. I cannot see that this is a feature, so if it isn't does anyone know of an app that does it?

2. If I manually turn the phone off at night, I have noticed that the alarm doesn't come on. Is this meant to happen?

3. Is is possible to add attachments (documents) to an email when replying / forwarding, or do they have to be completely new emails? Seems like a really weird restriction here!

Many thanks,
Neil
1. no.
2. yes, the phone is off.
3. its seems so, i dont see the ability to attach documents to replys.

enahs555

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Maybe what you mean by on and off are different then what I mean. Because, why would you expect the phone to sound an alarm if it is turned off?

trmnta82

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
Because, why would you expect the phone to sound an alarm if it is turned off?

Because some people like to turn off their phones at night and still have the alarm wake you up in the morning...? :shocked:

This was possible in the '90s so why shouldn't it be possible today?
I personally don't turn off my phone at night but I can understand that other people do.

enahs555

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Because some people like to turn off their phones at night and still have the alarm wake you up in the morning...? :shocked:

This was possible in the '90s so why shouldn't it be possible today?
I personally don't turn off my phone at night but I can understand that other people do.

How can something do something if it is off? It cant! Just because it went into a less functional mode does not turn it off! It was still on. That is no different then turning the phone into airplane mode then.

fisci

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
How can something do something if it is off? It cant! Just because it went into a less functional mode does not turn it off! It was still on. That is no different then turning the phone into airplane mode then.

lol exactly, th?t is just sleep mode, which your phone does when the screen turns off anyway.

Your alrm can't go off if the phone is off, much like the alarm clock can't work if unplugged.

Trouble understand basics of electronics much? Hahah

Mike-Mike

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Blackberry has a feature like the OP is describing in #2

basically you would turn your phone off and it would ask you it if wanted to fully power off, or if it would come back on at the alarm. So say I had an alarm set for 8 am, it would basically be off until that alarm went off, and then it would be back as normal.

While not as smooth as the BB set up, on my HTC Arrive I can turn the ringer and vibrate off, and have an alarm set and even though my phone is silent, the alarm will go off with an audible alarm.

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Blackberry has a feature like the OP is describing in #2

basically you would turn your phone off and it would ask you it if wanted to fully power off, or if it would come back on at the alarm. So say I had an alarm set for 8 am, it would basically be off until that alarm went off, and then it would be back as normal.
But in the Blackberry's case the phone is never fully "off", is it?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa