WP7 on light theme.

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I just checked on my HD7 and it also remained black... I don't know why... Bug maybe? who knows. It's not really something that should bother anybody, I mean how often are you really in the settings menus apart from just changing the desired setting then exitting?

N8ter

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Not really. LCD screens are backlit, unlike AMOLED. It has negligible impacts on battery life, hardly measurable. AMOLED screens you don't want to run a light theme, and on SAMOLED or SAMOLED+ you don't want to use Blue Accent colors.

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Not really any different with my Mozart, but it is S-LCD and not AMOLED.

It's probably not as big of a difference like light/dark on AMOLED, but the light theme is like increasing the brightness.

Not really. LCD screens are backlit, unlike AMOLED. It has negligible impacts on battery life, hardly measurable. AMOLED screens you don't want to run a light theme, and on SAMOLED or SAMOLED+ you don't want to use Blue Accent colors.

Theoretically, regular LCD's waste more (negligible amount) battery displaying black. The reason is because of the diffuser used to block the light to create the "black" color, of course this isn't 100% effective as you can tell because with regular LCD's and even S-LCD's you can still see blacks being illuminated by the backlight. AMOLED is different since the pixels are physically off and display zero light that's why blacks look awesome and black saves more power (I know I'm probably preaching to the choir here lol but I'm really bored right and this insomnia is not doin me any good lol). Anyway, to try and come to a conclusion without writing a dissertation lol... if you like the light theme and you have an LCD or S-LCD you can easily go for it since it's virtually the same power consumption.

Siah1214

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Open the camera app to see why. The settings on the camera app itself are also in black, I think because it looks better than if it were white.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Theoretically, regular LCD's waste more (negligible amount) battery displaying black. The reason is because of the diffuser used to block the light to create the "black" color, of course this isn't 100% effective as you can tell because with regular LCD's and even S-LCD's you can still see blacks being illuminated by the backlight. AMOLED is different since the pixels are physically off and display zero light that's why blacks look awesome and black saves more power (I know I'm probably preaching to the choir here lol but I'm really bored right and this insomnia is not doin me any good lol). Anyway, to try and come to a conclusion without writing a dissertation lol... if you like the light theme and you have an LCD or S-LCD you can easily go for it since it's virtually the same power consumption.
Doing some actual research, white may be the way to go... I like the white theme and even if it's a very small amount, white uses less battery on LCDs.

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Doing some actual research, white may be the way to go... I like the white theme and even if it's a very small amount, white uses less battery on LCDs.

Yeah it is... You know something I find kinda funny though? How does Nokia's "Clearblack" technology work on an LCD? As far as I know that's what's on the Lumia 710 on T-Mobile... I thought Clearblack was their proprietary AMOLED technology... That's what I thought at least until I saw the specs for the Lumia 710. My honest guess is that this is just a marketing ploy to get people accustomed to the "Clearblack" name.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm using light and green right now.

I actually love the mango theme.

Sent from my HTC Titan using Board Express

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I'm using light and green right now.

I actually love the mango theme.

Sent from my HTC Titan using Board Express

I like the mango but with the light theme some times its hard to read the mango words. Right now I am using lime and the dark theme.

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
since we've answered the question and hit a slight tangent I was wondering does anybody know where I can get an abstract black/purple wallpaper to match my dark/purple theme?

Edit: I've been trying to look for the "unfocused bubbles" that HTC likes to use for a lot of their wallpapers but I can't find any that are purely black and purple... :/

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
since we've answered the question and hit a slight tangent I was wondering does anybody know where I can get an abstract black/purple wallpaper to match my dark/purple theme?

Edit: I've been trying to look for the "unfocused bubbles" that HTC likes to use for a lot of their wallpapers but I can't find any that are purely black and purple... :/
Wish I did themes/wallpapers... If you find some, lemme know.

fraincs

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site

I am leaving for work now but Google Bookeh + purple in Google images that's the correct term for unfocussed bubbles.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa