Max number of SMS/text messages?

JonM33

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Trying to figure out the max number of text messages that can be stored? I'd like to somehow be able to send an entire thread to a TXT file or back it up but I guess that's impossible. I need to save some stuff for legal court reasons.

I don't know if there's a limit of the number of messages or whether it just purges past a certain time (say 30 days). If anyone knows the exact details that would be great.

FYI that I have an HTC Arrive from Sprint. I've had it since the beginning of November this year. Great phone and love the Windows Phone OS, I just wish there were more configuration options on it.

Rico

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Trying to figure out the max number of text messages that can be stored? I'd like to somehow be able to send an entire thread to a TXT file or back it up but I guess that's impossible. I need to save some stuff for legal court reasons.

I don't know if there's a limit of the number of messages or whether it just purges past a certain time (say 30 days). If anyone knows the exact details that would be great.

FYI that I have an HTC Arrive from Sprint. I've had it since the beginning of November this year. Great phone and love the Windows Phone OS, I just wish there were more configuration options on it.
I don't know that there is a limit. I had roughly a thousand in one thread and it had no problem loading it.

As far as backing up, there's no easy way to do it. I work at a Sprint store; I'll try to remember to see if the Cellebrite machine will back up the texts to a flash drive.

blehblehbleh

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site

I think it's almost virtually limitless. I've had ton of texts in one thread too and I got this phone since it debuted last year. It's kept all those text messages since.

What you could do is spend $10 bucks here to unlock your Arrive: ChevronWP7 Labs

Then go here: [APP]simply 100% BACKUP your phone RESTORE over ZUNE- not for CUSTOM ROM?s like DFT) - xda-developers

And use this program that forces the Zune backup process so you can make daily or what have you backups.

The backups themselves are uniquely tied to your phone and are a complete image of the entire btw. In other words, every app, message, and settings is stored as a backup and were you to restore it to that backup, it'll be exactly as you left it.

JonM33

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Thanks to the both of you for the help. One thing I hope that Microsoft does is add full backup options into the phone. Glad to hear that the text history ability is virtually endless.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte