What phone to get my feet wet on WP?

Slayers

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I am looking for a cheap WP phone to try out windows I am on At&t and this is mainly a backup phone but after having all the other OS I figure I might as well give WP a try.

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Focus<Focus Flash<Focus S<Titan. :)

The Titan has a metallic unibody that just feels awesome and the giant SLCD screen is very beautiful. The Focus S has SAMOLED+, which is beautiful, too, but feels cheap. The Focus Flash is a more basic phone, but it is still very, very sweet. The Focus is a first-generation phone that doesn't have a front-facing camera. You could probably find it for really cheap and it is still very fluid and beautiful.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
I would go with a used Focus. It's a nice phone and you can get one for just over $100. This would allow you to give it a try without being on a two year contract. Don't like WP7, sel the Focus; no harm done. If you do like it, wait until spring to se what the second generation phones look like and go with one of the new ones then.:cool:

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I have the focus now and like it a lot I am waiting to see what the Nokia 900 and the HTC titan like entry will look like both the 900 and titanesque device are supposed to have LTE radios and hopefully both will have a 32GB storage option. With Apollo coming in June 2012 there will be NFC capability and likely dual core processing. In the meantime try a used focus I think you will like it.

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I would go with a used Focus. It's a nice phone and you can get one for just over $100. This would allow you to give it a try without being on a two year contract. Don't like WP7, sel the Focus; no harm done. If you do like it, wait until spring to se what the second generation phones look like and go with one of the new ones then.:cool:

Where can I get one for just over $100?

enahs555

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Are you looking at getting a phone on contract, or buying a phone outright? If on contract, Focus Flash, its virtually free. If not on contract, then it really depends on what you can find and at what price, etc.

Slayers

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Are you looking at getting a phone on contract, or buying a phone outright? If on contract, Focus Flash, its virtually free. If not on contract, then it really depends on what you can find and at what price, etc.

That all depends on if I can get a used phone cheap and the up coming phones really look that good.

I have looked and looked at the Flash and it seems pretty good but coming from Android and Samsung's track record of phones there makes it hard to pull the trigger

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3