How do I get a new friend on Facebook to show up in People hub?

davidkhou

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
The People Hub syncs the Friends I have from Facebook. I've since added some new friends but they aren't showing up in the People Hub. It's been about 6 hours. Is there something I'm missing to get People to sync the new contacts in Facebook, or is it just a matter of waiting some indeterminate amount of time for People Hub to get with the program?

blehblehbleh

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
The People Hub syncs the Friends I have from Facebook. I've since added some new friends but they aren't showing up in the People Hub. It's been about 6 hours. Is there something I'm missing to get People to sync the new contacts in Facebook, or is it just a matter of waiting some indeterminate amount of time for People Hub to get with the program?

It could possibly be teh security settings your new buddy has on their profile. Facebook treats Windows phone as a 3rd party application unfortunately. So if your new buddy doesn't have their profile exposed to 3rd party apps you'll never seen them in your People Hub. You'll have to make a Windows Live contact for them.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Something odd, I have one fb friend who doesn't show up in my people hub. I've been thru 3 phones, more then a few resets, and he still doesn't show up. All the rest do. Strange.

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Something odd, I have one fb friend who doesn't show up in my people hub. I've been thru 3 phones, more then a few resets, and he still doesn't show up. All the rest do. Strange.
Go back a few posts and read blehblehbleh's post. I also have 2 fb friends who don't show up in my people hub and I'm pretty sure it's because they're using very limiting privacy settings. I have no idea what specific setting causes this though.

svtfmook

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Go back a few posts and read blehblehbleh's post. I also have 2 fb friends who don't show up in my people hub and I'm pretty sure it's because they're using very limiting privacy settings. I have no idea what specific setting causes this though.
yep, my wife has hers set that way and doesn't show up in my contacts either.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre