Windows phones getting some love.

Wiccan Lagar

Aug 17, 2011
www.mpiofny.com
You have no idea how much I want to slap some of the people who comment on articles on this. One day Android/Apple won't be cool any more and then what? What will they talk about? Rather than say "hmmm interesting article but I disagree. I noticed this that and the other thing" they flame and insult on something they dont even know anything about.

This is why there are no more geniuses. So many people are just stuck in thier little box and they are comfortable. And once they are comfortable they never move an inch to the left or to the right. No new ideas. They just throw around the same concepts and mututal feelings to support their own egos. A heard concept. If they talk to people with like feelings and interests they feel better about their own decisions.

iOS/Android is not better than the next. It's the apps that make the experience for people. It's developers that make the phone what it does. THe out of the box OS is what people are negelcting to thing about. I do you rate iOS/Android/WebOS/Symbian/WP7 out of the box? Chances are they do the same things. Email, text, web ect. But HOW well is it presented. how fluid is it? They don't seem to think about that. So if they want to battle Android/iOS vs WP yes, the apps on the other platforms can do a lot, but in terms of out of the box and UI and stability of the CORE OS, WP hands down.

Am I saying WP7 is perfect? NO! Does it do what I need it to and do it well? YES! Is it for everyone? NO! Do I recognise that other platforms can do certain things better than my phone and vise versa? YES!

That's what grinds my gears Lois.

KingCrimson

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I was reading the comments on that article and the moron ratio was at least 80%. My guess it they are all Apple customers. Now I'm not casting aspersions on all Apple customers(I'm one too), but it seems that Apple has attracted a particularly nasty breed of hater.

martin_strahilovski

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
One particular review cut my eyes:

trentspalmer 15 hours ago

The "people hub" sounds like bloatware. Why not just allow apps to talk to each other and then let the user decide which apps do that like in Android?

And how does WP7 integrate well with Skydrive when WP7 doesn't even have a coherent and accessible file and folder tree? You can't run file management apps on WP7 without jailbreaking it.

This people like that dude, don't know that WP7.5 now is fully integrated with SkyDrive and that the PeopleHub has Facebook, Twitter, LinkedID integration... I just don't want to live on this planet anymore.... They just want to talk even when they don't have a clue. Sorry dude, you miss the train for SMARTVILLE! :)

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I don't understand why people comment about phones they haven't used. If you have used it and don't like it that's fine, but don't put something down until you've tried it.

Sent from my Windows 7 Phone using Board Express

monotok

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Exactly bloody morons :p
I am a bit of a OS whore :/ I first had Android for like 2 years but hated it, too much fragmentation, no integration, separate gmail and email apps (just dumb), laggy, random reboots, too much bloatware from all the manufactures.

Then i tried a Palm Pre 3 for like a week untill HP dropped it, was fantastic, fast (except boot times), open but not as fragmented, apps were poor though and not many, missing a few features and getting to options was a pain, nice multi-tasking etc.

Then Windows Phone Dell Venue Pro, love the phone, the OS is the fastest I have used, most stable (runs for 13 days with no problems at all), never rebooted or crashed (maybe once actually before mango), seems well integrated, hubs make sense, live tiles are good, apps are good and feel integrated. AMAZING BATTERY!! 53% after 12hours
However things like, no calendar search, no message search, no full backup with Zune, can not change Phone ID (eg windows live id) without a factory reset, encryption, no external storage, can't connect to PC as storage device, wish it was not as locked down so i could have custom Accents :( and a few little things like that.

Now I have been looking at the new Blackberry Bold 9900 cos it has all of that stuff and I'll probably stay with Windows Phone but I like to try new things.

Just my pennies worth from the experiences I have had :p

Wiccan Lagar

Aug 17, 2011
www.mpiofny.com
I'll be 100 honest. If it weren't for me switching from Verizon to tmobile so save a few dollars I would have never jumped to WP7. I had a pre 2 and I was so happy. Even though HP dropped em it did what I had to. But after jumping the big red ship I realized that WP7 would be the only thing that would suit my needs and wants. I still have withdrawals from WebOS but I know this is where I will stay. wP7 is my home, not because I am a fan boy. Its because it does what I need it to. Fan boys should take a lesson once in a while

Sent from my Venue Pro using Board Express

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3