Nokia Lumia sales are disastrous

mYth

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Let's see this... You are saying that you don't think WP7 is getting enough credit on the market? Well let me put it like this with couple of sites:

Top 10 smartphones of 2011 (Holiday Gift Guide) | ZDNet

Top 10 Cell Phones | PCWorld

Best AT&T phones - CNET Reviews

Even on Washington Post:

Top 10 smartphones for 2011 - The Washington Post

Not convinced? Then you don't have sliest idea about WP7 phones. First of all, statistics are done on small percentage of people (in this case 5000) that is not accurate and after one year on the market it's logical that small percentage of people will have WP7. Let me remind you that WP7 is best selling phone in France, Spain and other EU countries and have great response from USA with Lumia 800 that is pending. So, your argument is invalid! :)

Hey hey hey
Don't forget WP7 top rated on amazon

welsbloke

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Just who are Mobiles Please and why are we putting some much faith into there numbers, answer we are not or at least most of us are not but it seems the Mail does oddly.

In your favour this was an article in a national paper and so should of been mentioned just a shame you followed it up with the sensationalist comments.

Probably best to wait for more solid proof as others have pointed out the evidence is not clear one way or the other. In fact before this article the evidence could of been said to have been pointing to a modest success.

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Nokia's 'last-ditch' Windows phone stumbles - sales crawl behind Androids, iPhones and even BlackBerries | Mail Online

Guys it time to admit, it's over for Windows Phone and Microsoft better just shut the division down.
Have you see this article?

I wouldn't say Amazon is an obscure little site:
This is right from their site directly. It was also one of the articles posted on this site:

Amazon.com Top Rated: The best in Cell Phones With Service Plans based on Amazon customer reviews

I'm kind of confused by KingCrimson actually. You've been on this site since July. You've gotten a few likes and given a few as well. Looking at your posts, I'd say you have rational observations, but this one of yours seems to be based on a VERY small vendor and not indicative of the larger global sales numbers.

Seems a bit rash to fold up shop based on the one site you use as the basis of your post.

kg4icg

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Well you guys have been hit by a hit and run site troller. It will happen again as more news about WP7 equipment comes to light.

LeeWhittington

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
WP7 is just being adopted slowly is all. This is Microsofts way with things. Now that Nokia is beginning to push their phones to more and more of the globe, slowly but surely like all things Microsoft, it will catch on and stick. This is apparent by the amount of advertising that has sprung up overnight for WP7 as well as more and more articles are starting to surface on just how well WP7 is moving up the popularity ladder. :)

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Crimson, you're an interesting boy. WP dominates the Amazon top 10, very cool.

Sent from my Samsung Omnia 7, the official WP of WeeBears everywhere, using Board Express

Kdawg1989

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Go away you've clearly not used a windows phone for more than 5 minutes most everyone here loves windows phone. Also go to wireless.amazon.com top 3 selling phone titan radar and trophy outselling all android phones and that my friend is not some small retailer

Sent from my PI39100 using Board Express

falconeight#IM

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Newegg keeps listing the lumia in blue for $699 now that's a pretty good chuck of change. I get alerted when they are in stock. I own one and love it but I keep debating in my head for hours whether or not I should buy her one. Three times now the damn phone has sold out on the website before I could buy it. Yet I see millions of androids just sitting there and never selling out. The way I see it is that people will pay free for a subsidized android over $500 for wp7.

KingCrimson

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Crimson, you're an interesting boy. WP dominates the Amazon top 10, very cool.

Sent from my Samsung Omnia 7, the official WP of WeeBears everywhere, using Board Express

A top 10 of smartphones that you can buy with plan through Amazon. Notice no Galaxy Nexus or iPhone. I bet if you could buy the iPhone with plan through Amazon Wireless, the top 5 spots alone would be 4 iPhones and the Galaxy Nexus.

Face facts, my local Apple Store is sold out of iPhones but stocks of Windows Phones are full everywhere.

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
KingCrimson's words in another thread in this very same forum:
"I've seen video after video demonstrating how super fluid Windows Phone UI is and I want it!"

So in one thread he says he wants it, and in another he says C'ya. It almost seems like 2 diff people posting.

KingCrimson

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
KingCrimson's words in another thread in this very same forum:
"I've seen video after video demonstrating how super fluid Windows Phone UI is and I want it!"

So in one thread he says he wants it, and in another he says C'ya. It almost seems like 2 diff people posting.

I really wanted it, but the hardware right now is so underwhelming that it's ridiculous. When I have the choice between the iPhone 4S, Samsung Galaxy Nexus and any Windows Phone the hardware disparity couldn't be more obvious. Then there's the fact that of the 800x480 display compared to the Retina displays that the iPhone & Nexus have. Maybe in a year there will finally be a Windows Phone that is totally up to par with Apple & Samsung but it just is not worth waiting that long. I'll get the iPhone 4S now and then if Windows Phones have made a dent in the market by 2013 I'll consider it then. Now that I've purchased the iTunes Match I have more incentive right now to go with iPhone.

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I really wanted it, but the hardware right now is so underwhelming that it's ridiculous. When I have the choice between the iPhone 4S, Samsung Galaxy Nexus and any Windows Phone the hardware disparity couldn't be more obvious. Then there's the fact that of the 800x480 display compared to the Retina displays that the iPhone & Nexus have. Maybe in a year there will finally be a Windows Phone that is totally up to par with Apple & Samsung but it just is not worth waiting that long. I'll get the iPhone 4S now and then if Windows Phones have made a dent in the market by 2013 I'll consider it then. Now that I've purchased the iTunes Match I have more incentive right now to go with iPhone.
While I admit that from a spec standpoint the WP's are lower than the latest and greatest over in the Droid camps, how much do you need to make the device sing? I mean you yourself has admitted it is really fluid. What diff does it make if it is smooth? People are complaining about lag even with the current crop of Droid devices and who knows about iOS 5?

I will concede your points on the display, but I haven't seen the 2nd Gen WP hardware that is due out in Jan. I am in it for the long haul and can wait till then to see some devices myself.

Brunothesheep

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
How is the hardware underwhelming? Because WP doesn't have dual core processors? It's because they don't need them. This UI was built so well that one processor is more then enough to power this phone.
WP is growing as fast as iOS did in its first year, and I believe faster then Android during that same time frame.
The only thing that's slightly bugging me is the lack of the MicroSD slot for expansion. But, I have faith in MS. We will either see SkyDrive being utilized more, or expandable phones available as early as 2012.
No, WP isn't dying. And with Nokia on board, it's going to pick up steam!

Sent from my HTC Titan using Board Express

boneycat

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site

The iPhone is a good phone. I'm sure you'll be happy with it. Feel better?

GekkoAce

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Lol, kingcrimson, I've never seen anyone be so ridiculous just to get a rise out of some fanboys. Go back to androidcentral.

Sent from my TITAN using Board Express

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I don't trust the Daily Mail or WMpoweruser. So I don't know what to think, though I will tell you something. Blackberries sell good, really really good.

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I actually have a WPphone with a retina display, 128gb of memory, dual core, makes my coffee in the morning and has a picture of tim Tebow AND Jesus fist bumping for a skin cover. But it's made by Samsung, so it probably sucks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism