Facebook chat won't work for me at all

littlesteelo16

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
For some reason, facebook chat in messages won't work for me at all. It doesn't show anybody as being online, and i don't get any chat messages delivered to the phone. Any ideas?

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Sometimes it's easy to overlook your status littlesteelo16, have you turned yourself to be available online ?

Messaging / Online / Status / Available ?

A bit obvious I know so apologies if it's not that.

Also check facebook chat is turned on. (Messaging / Online /... / Settings / Facebook Chat / On)

littlesteelo16

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Sometimes it's easy to overlook your status littlesteelo16, have you turned yourself to be available online ?

Messaging / Online / Status / Available ?

A bit obvious I know so apologies if it's not that.

Also check facebook chat is turned on. (Messaging / Online /... / Settings / Facebook Chat / On)

Yep, status is set to available, and facebook chat is turned on in settings.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Only other thing I can think of now littlesteelo16 is...

Settings / email & accounts / Long Hold Facebook / Syncronise

Not sure what else to suggest.

Is everthing linked in your contacts section with Facebook at windowsphone.com ?
(View Contacts / Manage Services)

Last edited:

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I find it difficult to sign in to fb chat. Once signed it it works great, but signing in is such an issue I've reinstalled im+.

Sent from my Windows 7 Phone using Board Express

littlesteelo16

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Only other thing I can think of now littlesteelo16 is...

Settings / email & accounts / Long Hold Facebook / Syncronise

Not sure what else to suggest.

Is everthing linked in your contacts section with Facebook at windowsphone.com ?
(View Contacts / Manage Services)

Everything is linked fine, synchronized Facebook, rebooted, still nothing. It just says 'Checking who's online', with 'Connecting...' and the loading squares going along at the top, and then it jumps to 'No one is online', when there are when I look on the site. I'll try again in the morning.

niravr212

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
FB chat disabled

Everything is linked fine, synchronized Facebook, rebooted, still nothing. It just says 'Checking who's online', with 'Connecting...' and the loading squares going along at the top, and then it jumps to 'No one is online', ......Pls reply me

niravr212

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
in LIVE.com there is also no friends in messanger.....
i have samsung omnia w.. dont know what the problem in it.
No one is online msg display in my online window...
net is on, bettery saver is off and connected with FB also.....

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
in LIVE.com there is also no friends in messanger.....
i have samsung omnia w.. dont know what the problem in it.
No one is online msg display in my online window...
net is on, bettery saver is off and connected with FB also.....

Maybe remove your connection to FB on your Live account (live.com) and then re-add it, making sure it gets proper authorization to FB in the process? Then go back and link it on your phone again.

niravr212

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
nothing haapen....i really iritate from this PHONE....
now i never choose windows......not working MESSANGER...
all r working , all options r ok.....
now wht to do ????????????????????:mad:

TMavZR1

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I find it difficult to sign in to fb chat. Once signed it it works great, but signing in is such an issue I've reinstalled im+.

Sent from my Windows 7 Phone using Board Express
Facebook chat is intergrated to the TEXTING ICON on WP7. Im curious why you're using IM+?

TMavZR1

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
nothing haapen....i really iritate from this PHONE....
now i never choose windows......not working MESSANGER...
all r working , all options r ok.....
now wht to do ????????????????????:mad:
You definitely not doing something right. Maybe wipe it and start all over.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Facebook chat is intergrated to the TEXTING ICON on WP7. Im curious why you're using IM+?

I know fb chat is integrated into the messaging app. What I'm saying is signing into chat via the messaging app is very inconsistent so I use im+ as a backup for those times the integrated chat doesn't work for me.

Sent from my Rezound

TMavZR1

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I know fb chat is integrated into the messaging app. What I'm saying is signing into chat via the messaging app is very inconsistent so I use im+ as a backup for those times the integrated chat doesn't work for me.

Sent from my Rezound
Thats funny, actually I find it opposite. I got IM+ for backup just incase my friends on iPhone or Androids cant stay connect on facebook because once they closed the app on their phone, FB chat disapeared on my end.:cool:

pawelf1

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
i am also having same problems, lumia 800 even hard reset phone, sometimes i see online contacst but only for 1s, and then they disappere

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
Im suffering the same issue!

I dont know whats happening. My facebook chat was working great for like 3 months until yesterday at like 8 pm, it was weird but i think it has some relation with the end of MSN and the union with Skype because the tile "ME" dissapeared.

Then the chat has been unstable cuz i can see on my phone people of FB chat just for 3 seconds and then they dissapear. I even have received some messages from facebook chat but just 1 comment of like 5 for example.

I see it tries to fix but it doesnt. I tried deleting my FB account from my phone, then i deleted "microsoft" and "facebook for WP" on the app store on facebook, then i re-added them and i thought it was fixed but no, still the same, contacts are there for like 4 seconds and then they are gone.

I got nokia lumia 800. If some1 know how to fix i would appreciate...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)