Possible to reuse microSD pulled from a Win Phone?

fifthGear

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Background:

Found some instructions online, quite a few different sites, telling how to upgrade my 16GB HD7 to 32GB. Got the new MicroSD, did the upgrade and VOILA!!! I have 32GB of storage (about 29GB user accessible). I'll fill that with music in no time. Needed to reconfigure a few things and re-download my apps. Other than that it works like a dream. I've noticed no change in performance.

Problem:

My plan was use the old 16GB MicroSD card (original card from my HD7), and use it in my 16GB Tablet. This way both my tab and HD7 would both have 32GB. Seemed like a good two-for-the-price-of-one upgrade. However, the tablet doesn't see the 16GB card. I thought perhaps it may need to be formatted first. So, I tried putting the Card into my windows PC. The PC ding's to ack the card insertion but the card doesn't show up in explorer. So, thus far I'm unable to use the card as planned. I'm wondering if anyone else has performed this upgrade to their HD7? Does anyone know anything about the MicroSD cards in the phone? Is there anything special about them that would make them unusable anywhere else? Is there anything I can do to make the card usable?

Thanks for any help.

blehblehbleh

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I believe the best method involves an old nokia phone running symbian to format that card. From what I've read that's one of the lesser hassle free methods of formatting the card and reading the encryption.

fifthGear

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Interesting. So they SD card is def usable? I don't know anyone with an old Nokia Symbian phone. Are there any other options available for formatting the card? Anything I can do from Windows 7?

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
from what I recall MS says that the card is not reuable at all but many people reported that the ONLY way to get it working was a Nokia running symbian would reformat it to usability.

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
1st I've heard of this! If I had 32 gigs I could put ALL of my music on my phone, and even have room for a few episodes of How I Met Your Mother! Please elaborate fifthgear...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos