Google+ and hangouts...

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I work in an organization that is HEAVILY invested in Google. I also deal with groups of people that are starting to use Google+ more and more. One of the big apps they are looking at is Hangouts. I have to admit, there are some really cool things that Hangouts allow. (Even the Muppets have a Google+ circle! The MUPPETS!!!! CMON!!!) Skype could be an alternative for that, but right now, that's not an option.

Does anyone have any ideas how to integrate WP with Google+ and Hangouts? Is this just something that will have to wait until Google makes the app or releases an API for some dev to create the app?

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Google <3! Microsoft
Microsoft <3! Google

Google and MS aren't getting along right now, so it will probably be a while. We don't even have Facebook groups, yet, and Facebook and Microsoft are supposed to be BFFs right now. :p

jason404

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Google is not even opening YouTube APIs for Windows Phone and the lack of GTalk integration in the Messenger hub is most probably be due to similar reasons. There is not any official Google Maps support either, so I would not expect any Google+ support anytime soon. What a shame.

Bballbenb

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Yea any google product will not make it ways to WP7. I would be really shocked if so. I think we would be more likely to see apple products than google. Google is going to try very hard to get in the gaming console world here soon which obviously Microsoft doesnt like.

On a side note i think when the new Skype comes out it will be really cool. There is no way its taking this long to release it if its just the same as it was. New features will be something to look forward to!

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Kinda sucks that google and MS have this slap fight going on. In the end, only the consumers lose. I bet Gmail could be pretty kick *** metro'd.