How do I share pictures from bluetooth?

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
The other day I wanted to send some pictures to my sister that I though with my phone since it had the better camera of the two but it didn't worked. Her phone appeared and it linked but then it gave me some error message.

Is this like the iphone, in which bluetooth sharing is prohibited?

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
It's not part of the current Windows Phone bluetooth profile Winterfang.

File transfer isn't currently supported.

It may be in future updates, but not at the moment.

Crazy I know, but true. :(

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Yes it may well do Winterfang. Here's hoping anyway.

I was very surprised to discover when I first moved to Windows Phone that bluetooth file transfer wasn't supported.

Every cheap and cheerful phone i've ever owned could do this.

In fact Windows Phone is the first mobile phone i've ever had, that has no bluetooth file transfer.

It's not a deal breaker for me by any means, but would certainly come in handy now and again.

The only WP handset that has bluetooth transferring capability is the Nokia Lumia, and that's only to transfer contacts from your old phone, nothing else.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Go to the suggestion app and ask for it . I read here today that MS is posting for a software engineer team to enable device backup for windows phones so anythings possible. Backup shown to be ion next upgrade whch I suspect will mean Apollo in June.

Forgewizard

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Moving from the palm Centro to palm Pre I lost bluetooth file transfer and have definitely been perplexed that as the phone technology increases it seems the user becomes limited. Can't figure why this handy feature would be turned off on these devices. Jpeg files are standardized area they not?

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Moving from the palm Centro to palm Pre I lost bluetooth file transfer and have definitely been perplexed that as the phone technology increases it seems the user becomes limited. Can't figure why this handy feature would be turned off on these devices. Jpeg files are standardized area they not?

The only thing I can think of is DRM (Digital rights management) I think they are afraid of people sharing music. I know you are talking about a Jpeg, but someone could rename a MP3 to a Jpeg and transfer it. It's just a guess.

Check out this post: http://forums.windowscentral.com/1606670-post102.htm

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I understand why, but people will share music regardless. Why give us the inconvenience.

Thanks for the links guys, I brought the issue on the app :)

N8ter

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Just MMS them. Easier than email even and the resolution is very good on smartphones unless your carrier forces a ton of compression.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb