Ok, I don't understand these numbers

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
It likely means that right now there are more former WM users switching to other phones than there are new WP users. We really won't be clear of most of the WM data until WP has been out for at least 2+ yrs.

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
The report is on the month of November, in the US-only, and includes WM6.X and lower. While the Radar, Flash, and S were released at the beginning of November, the HTC Titan wasn't released to AT&T until the 20th of November.

This is also market share, not sales. This means this number is relative to the number of other phones on the market and how fast they sold, as well. I'm sure the iPhone 4S was sold like crazy in November, as well as the Razr (which was released in November).

This does not mean that Windows Phone didn't sell well, but that iPhones and Androids were sold at a greater pace than Windows Phones minus the loss of whichever Windows Mobile phones.

N8ter

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Biggest issue Microsoft has is that almost all of their Windows Mobile users have moved to Android or iOS. That's why they were losing marketshare even before the Holiday Season. They aren't getting any turn-over from those WinMo users, nor or they pulling many users away from Android or iOS. I think the next year or so will be a decent indicator of how they do because it will tell whether or not they are able to carve out a piece of the market for themselves by getting *new* smartphone users (those upgrading from dumbphones, feature phones, or getting their first cell phone) to choose Windows Phone over the competition.

I don't think they will make much headway going head to head with Android and iOS in the US because US consumers are less fickle than Europeans and aren't as likely to just up and change platforms (since people here tend to have more disposable income than many other countries and as a result are more tied into ecosystems via purchases).

If Microsoft had sold to half their WinMo users they'd have like 7% marketshare or something right now, which is a decent chunk and things would feel quite a bit different.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos