Refresh people in the people hub

M

mkr10001

Recently acquired a new twitter follower and I want to link them to their facebook profile but they aren't showing up in the people hub....

How do I get new followers/followees (whichever it is) to show up?

SolunaKitty

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
People -> Settings (the ...) -> scroll to the service/account on the bottom -> tap and hold -> sync

Sorry if that's too much, I just want the steps to be clear :3 Hope this helps!

M

mkr10001

Hmm not working. I've even hidden all accounts but Twitter and he's not there :S

SolunaKitty

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
Actually, now that you mentioned that... I noticed that the people I only follow on twitter (no email, no fb, etc...) do not show up. I shall investigate this a little.

M

mkr10001

Actually, now that you mentioned that... I noticed that the people I only follow on twitter (no email, no fb, etc...) do not show up. I shall investigate this a little.

Strange....I've just checked another twitter acquaintance ( lol ) and she's automatically linked to her fb in the people hub....this is strange. He's using the same name and same email address as facebook....

SolunaKitty

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
Ohhh, that's right. You wanted to link the twitter and facebook... hm. I just checked one person that I had on both facebook and twitter, and she did not have her twitter account on her page. Perhaps her twitter email and one of the emails she listed on facebook matched up or something.

SolunaKitty

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
Ah, I checked another one, and her twitter is not linked to the rest of her info. I checked the twitter accounts and the first friend's name matched up with the name in the contacts, while the second friend used an alias.

M

mkr10001

He's using the same email address for facebook and twitter. It's found his google page fine though. Very strange, it's not just not linking him...his twitter isn't showing up at all....

This is confusing

M

mkr10001

Sorted it. Had to delete and re add twitter account.....not impressed

CHIP72

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I think Windows Phone only shows/flips through a subset of your contacts with pictures at any given time. The phone periodically changes the contacts/photos that show up; all of your contacts with photos will get "face time" at some point. To my knowledge, there is no way to control which photos are shown.

CHIP72

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Who mentioned photos...?

My bad - when I think of the People hub live tile, I think of the constantly changing pictures.

I've consciously avoided Facebook and haven't joined/don't really pay attention to Twitter. However, somewhat ironically, owning a Windows Phone with the live tile People hub is making me reconsider my stance on Facebook!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)