Just got an Xbox -- Looking for help with Xbox Live

wpbrian

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,

Just bought the family an Xbox and I want to integrate Xbox live with my phone. Right now my phone shows me as something like "Player732642786" on the phone. Is this the profile name I need to use on the Xbox? Is there any way to change it? Can I use my Windows Live email address instead?

I know I sound totally clueless, because I am, but this is a brand new experience (I haven't owed a console since the SNES).

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

wpbrian

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
You have to use a Live address for the system to recognize your gamertag.

Sent from my FOCUS S using Board Express

I don't understand what that means! Is the Live address my email address? Is the gamertag that "Player56779437" that shows up on my phone under Xbox Live?

Thanks.

Silverdogz

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
A live address is an e-mail address that ends with either @live.com or @hotmail.com. Or whatever address you used to set up Xbox live

Sent from my FOCUS S using Board Express

kinslayer

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
here's what you need to do.

Create a profile on the Xbox right now. You probably were made to create one anyway. When that's done, you want to pick the option that says "Join Xbox Live". That will ask you for you Live ID/password. Use the same one you used on your phone. It will attempt to use the GamerTag you set on the profile you have now on the Xbox. If that one is taken, it will make you pick a new one. The new one will be the one that your phone and Xbox will use. You shouldn't need to do anything on the phone, it should auto-detect the change and use your new gamertag.

More info here: New Xbox 360 Console | Xbox Console Setup | Join Xbox LIVE - Xbox.com

p.s. You don't have to make the Xbox Live profile be a Gold one (which requires a yearly subscription). A silver one works fine.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
LOL and ROFL and serious stomach exercise from laughing so hard! You also can use an msn.com address as well!

klocker2

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
also if you have that player4747447 account and you come form phone to xbox account, you get one FREE Gamer tag change (afterwards $10) which you can do on your Xbox

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3