Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Hi I got a htc arrive not to long ago. I force upgraded to mango. I have chevron unlocked the phone as I am a new developer. My computer crashed and I had a backup I had to put on a new hdd.

Now I have everything back up but evertime I try to connect to zune it says that:

"Connection Error, Can't connect to your phone. Disconnect it, restart it, then try reconnecting again."

I have tried that and I have tried reinstalling zune. The backup I had contained some setting but mostly just files i needed.

Anybody have any ideas?

Global Posts
    2,438 Global Posts
    There was a new Zune EULA about threee weeks ago or more and you have to accept it Did you do that before your HDD carshed?
    Your smartphone is only as smart as YOU let it be!

I don't think so. I hadn't used the Zune software in awhile since I was just programming

Sent from my T7575 using Board Express

Global Posts
    2,259 Global Posts
    Did you completely uninstall/reinstall Zune (deleting the directory) when you reinstalled. Something probably stuck in there.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express
    Nokia Lumia 900 - OS: 7.10.8112.7 - Firmware: 2175.1002.8112.12084
    HTC Surround - OS: 7.10.8107.79 - Firmware: 2250.21.40500.502

i did not delete the directory tho ive reinstalled several times, im at work now but ill do that when i get home and reply

I'm actually experiencing the same issue with my old Focus. I also forced Mango on it a little while back. I wonder if it caused an issue.

Global Posts
    2,438 Global Posts
    That should not make any difference. This was strictly a zune thing.
    Your smartphone is only as smart as YOU let it be!

tried uninstalling, deleting folder, then restarting and reinstalling, still same problem. I thought is was the windows phone support tool, so i installed that to still same thing zune says cant connect and to disconnect and restart device

I don't know if it's a Zune thing. The same Zune syncs with my Titan just fine.

I'm trying not 2 reset my phone since I no longer have backups on computer but I guess that is the next step..., does anyone know how tht affects paid apps?

Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,515 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skillit0 View Post
    I'm trying not 2 reset my phone since I no longer have backups on computer but I guess that is the next step..., does anyone know how tht affects paid apps?

You can download them again as long as you use the same windows live ID.
    Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com

Quote Originally Posted by skillit0 View Post
    Hi I got a htc arrive not to long ago. I force upgraded to mango. I have chevron unlocked the phone as I am a new developer. My computer crashed and I had a backup I had to put on a new hdd.

Now I have everything back up but evertime I try to connect to zune it says that:

"Connection Error, Can't connect to your phone. Disconnect it, restart it, then try reconnecting again."

I have tried that and I have tried reinstalling zune. The backup I had contained some setting but mostly just files i needed.

Anybody have any ideas?
    Did you try a different cable?

I have not tried a different cable but I will do that first b4 I try resetting the phone

I haven't had a chance to test this, but you can try to see if it works.

Error
    Thanked by:

I tried resetting my phone yesterday and that did not work. I saw the last post today and tried that and it works.

Woo hoo! Good to hear skillt0.