Sorta New to wp got a problem syncing to computer

skillit0

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Hi I got a htc arrive not to long ago. I force upgraded to mango. I have chevron unlocked the phone as I am a new developer. My computer crashed and I had a backup I had to put on a new hdd.

Now I have everything back up but evertime I try to connect to zune it says that:

"Connection Error, Can't connect to your phone. Disconnect it, restart it, then try reconnecting again."

I have tried that and I have tried reinstalling zune. The backup I had contained some setting but mostly just files i needed.

Anybody have any ideas?

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
There was a new Zune EULA about threee weeks ago or more and you have to accept it Did you do that before your HDD carshed?

skillit0

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
I don't think so. I hadn't used the Zune software in awhile since I was just programming

Sent from my T7575 using Board Express

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Did you completely uninstall/reinstall Zune (deleting the directory) when you reinstalled. Something probably stuck in there.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

skillit0

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
i did not delete the directory tho ive reinstalled several times, im at work now but ill do that when i get home and reply

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm actually experiencing the same issue with my old Focus. I also forced Mango on it a little while back. I wonder if it caused an issue.

skillit0

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
tried uninstalling, deleting folder, then restarting and reinstalling, still same problem. I thought is was the windows phone support tool, so i installed that to still same thing zune says cant connect and to disconnect and restart device

skillit0

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm trying not 2 reset my phone since I no longer have backups on computer but I guess that is the next step..., does anyone know how tht affects paid apps?

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I'm trying not 2 reset my phone since I no longer have backups on computer but I guess that is the next step..., does anyone know how tht affects paid apps?

You can download them again as long as you use the same windows live ID.

gerrymad

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Hi I got a htc arrive not to long ago. I force upgraded to mango. I have chevron unlocked the phone as I am a new developer. My computer crashed and I had a backup I had to put on a new hdd.

Now I have everything back up but evertime I try to connect to zune it says that:

"Connection Error, Can't connect to your phone. Disconnect it, restart it, then try reconnecting again."

I have tried that and I have tried reinstalling zune. The backup I had contained some setting but mostly just files i needed.

Anybody have any ideas?
Did you try a different cable?

skillit0

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
I have not tried a different cable but I will do that first b4 I try resetting the phone

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa