Quote: Windows Phone is Superior; Why Hasn?t it Taken Off?

neftv

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
No one really uses Bluetooth file share anymore, even the iPhone lacks this feature. Go request it on the uservoice site. I also have no problems playing back my SkyDrive videos,unless they're in HD which SkyDrive doesn't yet support for some reason

Bluetooth file share no one uses? Really, So how is it done now days?
My sister inlaw has a Samsung SGH-A897. She was visiting and no computers around. Wanted to share some nephew pics but couldnt.

The other thing about Skydrive the file I was trying to play was recorded from the Phone itself and it didn't play. I guess the phone automatically makes HD videos even though they not in wide screen format.

Justin.TV312

Banned
Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Bluetooth file share no one uses? Really, So how is it done now days?
My sister inlaw has a Samsung SGH-A897. She was visiting and no computers around. Wanted to share some nephew pics but couldnt.

The other thing about Skydrive the file I was trying to play was recorded from the Phone itself and it didn't play. I guess the phone automatically makes HD videos even though they not in wide screen format.

missed the point where I said that not even the iPhone has this feature, she could've sent you the pic via email or mms. You can set the default video recording format, I have mine set to 640x480 and have no problems whatsoever playing them back.

koolkid09

May 28, 2011
Visit site
missed the point where I said that not even the iPhone has this feature, she could've sent you the pic via email or mms. You can set the default video recording format, I have mine set to 640x480 and have no problems whatsoever playing them back.

She may not have internet data on her phone. I know when I had a dumbphone I didn't have data so that was way for transferring videos, pics, music, etc...

Justin.TV312

Banned
Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
She may not have internet data on her phone. I know when I had a dumbphone I didn't have data so that was way for transferring videos, pics, music, etc...

most providers except for the most money hungry ones count pic messaging as just messaging so it doesn't count against anything else.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Back on topic folks... it really doesn't matter if it's Google or Android as long as we know what we're talking about.

koolkid09

May 28, 2011
Visit site
that's if you don't have a messaging plan. Who's actually worked for a carrier?

That is sms. You need data for mms. If you don't have an mms package added on to your plan you will get charged per mb. How much you get charged depends on the carrier. Most people just have mms blocked if they don't have mms, so they won't get charged.

Justin.TV312

Banned
Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
That is sms. You need data for mms. If you don't have an mms package added on to your plan you will get charged per mb. How much you get charged depends on the carrier. Most people just have mms blocked if they don't have mms, so they won't get charged.

Read this. cant send mms with out data servics - Android Help

but you DO NOT need a data plan to send mms, its all messaging now. What part of that can't you understand?

N8ter

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Outstanding hardware or outstanding chassis in the lumia?

Not sure if serious. The hardware in the phones is terrible and mid range at best. That's why. Also, apps are terrible quality and many are missing.

There us still a huge feature disparity as well. I think people are bored and are desperate for a third player. Wp7 isn't there yet. The only thing may people say is superior us the UI. Other than that it's nothing to write hone about, assuming you adore the UI.

Sent from my HD7 using Board Express

koolkid09

May 28, 2011
Visit site
but you DO NOT need a data plan to send mms, its all messaging now. What part of that can't you understand?

Okay just did some research. You were right. Things changed a lot in 2 years.

On messaging phones the text messaging pack comes with sms and mms for 10 or 20 dollars on carriers.

But on smartphones you need data to have mms.

I remember when I had to pay for sms and mms separately a couple years ago.

So I apologize.

N8ter

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
MMS is charged per message like SMS, NOT like a data plan. What are you talking about.

It's usually something like $0.30 per MMS or so, and $0.10 per SMS.

Sent from my HD7 using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster