Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Very interesting article from former WP7 evangelist on why it hasn't taken off...

Windows Phone is Superior; Why Hasn’t it Taken Off? | cek.log

What are you thoughts?

Moderators, please move if I've posted to the wrong forum...newbie!

Because it isn't superior. The UI is very off putting for many people and the hardware is middle of the road, nowhere near the top iPhone or Android devices. Then there's the lack of quality apps and the fact that "Windows" name is poison to a lot of the market.
    Thanked by:
  3. mkr10001
    Quote Originally Posted by KingCrimson View Post
    Because it isn't superior. The UI is very off putting for many people and the hardware is middle of the road, nowhere near the top iPhone or Android devices. Then there's the lack of quality apps and the fact that "Windows" name is poison to a lot of the market.
    That doesn't stop it being superior though.

And it's only off putting to retards who can't work a windows computer so resort to saying it's crap and Macs are better....
    Thanked by:
    Big Supes likes this.

Global Posts
    1,082 Global Posts
    Isn't being superior subjective?

Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    Because it lacks hot phones. I don't know how many times I'll have to say this but people like cool phones.
    Premium1 and Speebs like this.

Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    That could be true but after looking at a grid of icons for nearly 4 years, I am ready to try something different.
    SanityFM likes this.
    Banned

sure is superior to anything else I've used. Alot more stable too,don't know where you got that from. Another question, have you actually used a windows phone?
  8. mkr10001
    I have found that the vast majority of people who say they don't like it have never used it
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mkr10001 View Post
    I have found that the vast majority of people who say they don't like it have never used it
    or just thumbed through it on a display
    Technoloay likes this.

Global Posts
    250 Global Posts
    This is exactly why it hasn't taken off. Apple and android are in a war and android thinks that throwing better internals at devices will win the war. WP7 has outstanding hardware and software. Its just takes awhile to get the sheep to switch.

Global Posts
    1,082 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by falconeight View Post
    This is exactly why it hasn't taken off. Apple and android are in a war and android thinks that throwing better internals at devices will win the war. WP7 has outstanding hardware and software. Its just takes awhile to get the sheep to switch.
    Android is an OS, not a company.
    Technoloay likes this.
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by koolkid09 View Post
    Android is an OS, not a company.
    yet there's still many who call MS windows.
    Technoloay likes this.

Global Posts
    335 Global Posts
    Windows Phone wont take off anywhere with the middle of the road operations.
    Just today I discovered when I try to bluetooth with my Sister inlaw's phone I could not do any connection to file share. And another thing I was not able to play back a MP4 file (which ended up on skydrive) I recorded days ago from my very own Titan.
  14. mkr10001
    Quote Originally Posted by neftv View Post
    Just today I discovered when I try to bluetooth with my Sister inlaw's phone I could not do any connection to file share. And another thing I was not able to play back a MP4 file (which ended up on skydrive) I recorded days ago from my very own Titan.
    yeah there's no excuse for no Bluetooth file transfer

Global Posts
    1,082 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin.TV312 View Post
    yet there's still many who call MS windows.
    Is was a comment on how he used it. Your analogy doesn't make sense either. It would make more sense if you said people called an HP made laptop a Windows laptop. He didn't use it that way.
  16. mkr10001
    Is was a comment on how he used it. Your analogy doesn't make sense either. It would make more sense if you said people called an HP made laptop a Windows laptop. He didn't use it that way.
    His analogy is exactly the same...

MS is to Windows as Google is to Android.......

Calling an HP made laptop a windows laptop (which by the way is perfectly ok to do) would be the same as calling an HTC phone an android phone (which people do too, again, nothing wrong with that)
    Thanked by:
    justop26 and danclyons like this.
    Banned

No one really uses Bluetooth file share anymore, even the iPhone lacks this feature. Go request it on the uservoice site. I also have no problems playing back my SkyDrive videos,unless they're in HD which SkyDrive doesn't yet support for some reason
    I meant that people refer to windows as a company.
    Technoloay likes this.

Global Posts
    1,082 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mkr10001 View Post
    His analogy is exactly the same...

MS is to Windows as Google is to Android.......

Calling an HP made laptop a windows laptop (which by the way is perfectly ok to do) would be the same as calling an HTC phone an android phone (which people do too, again, nothing wrong with that)
    He used the Android as if it were a company. It would have been correct for him to say Google or one of the many Android OEMs. It sounds weird because he said Apple and not iOS. He used a Company and a rival OS not rival Company.

Global Posts
    1,082 Global Posts
    No one really uses Bluetooth file share anymore, even the iPhone lacks this feature. Go request it on the uservoice site. I also have no problems playing back my SkyDrive videos,unless they're in HD which SkyDrive doesn't yet support for some reason

I meant that people refer to windows as a company.
    I never hear that. People usually say Microsoft.

Anyway my point was he used the noun Android or Apple (whichever one) wrong in his statement.
    Banned

I never hear that. People usually say Microsoft.

Anyway my point was he used the noun Android or Apple (whichever one) wrong in his statement.
    go read the reviews its everywhere.

Global Posts
    335 Global Posts
    Bluetooth file share no one uses? Really, So how is it done now days?
    My sister inlaw has a Samsung SGH-A897. She was visiting and no computers around. Wanted to share some nephew pics but couldnt.

The other thing about Skydrive the file I was trying to play was recorded from the Phone itself and it didn't play. I guess the phone automatically makes HD videos even though they not in wide screen format.
    Banned

Bluetooth file share no one uses? Really, So how is it done now days?
    My sister inlaw has a Samsung SGH-A897. She was visiting and no computers around. Wanted to share some nephew pics but couldnt.

The other thing about Skydrive the file I was trying to play was recorded from the Phone itself and it didn't play. I guess the phone automatically makes HD videos even though they not in wide screen format.
    missed the point where I said that not even the iPhone has this feature, she could've sent you the pic via email or mms. You can set the default video recording format, I have mine set to 640x480 and have no problems whatsoever playing them back.

Global Posts
    1,082 Global Posts
    missed the point where I said that not even the iPhone has this feature, she could've sent you the pic via email or mms. You can set the default video recording format, I have mine set to 640x480 and have no problems whatsoever playing them back.
    She may not have internet data on her phone. I know when I had a dumbphone I didn't have data so that was way for transferring videos, pics, music, etc...
    Banned

She may not have internet data on her phone. I know when I had a dumbphone I didn't have data so that was way for transferring videos, pics, music, etc...
    most providers except for the most money hungry ones count pic messaging as just messaging so it doesn't count against anything else.

Global Posts
    1,082 Global Posts
    most providers except for the most money hungry ones count pic messaging as just messaging so it doesn't count against anything else.
    But that's only if you get data plans. You need data to access mms.
Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast