Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Winterfang
  • 1 Post By will_solo
  • 2 Post By deadwrong03

Is there any way to tag people in your Facebook status from your phone? My sister is still mad at me for talking her into the Trophy instead of the iPhone, and another bullet in her arsenal is that she can't tag people in her statuses, like people on iPhones can. I haven't been able to find a way, but I've missed some pretty simple features before.

Thanks!

Carrier: Verizon Wireless
    Phones: HTC 8X & HTC Trophy & Samsung Focus
    PC:Dell Studio XPS 1640

My app: Plant Guide

Spitfire 4.0, my HTC Imagio, rest in peace.

Shucks... manually typing @[Person's Name] does not work. I wonder if the Facebook app would do it?

Just tried the app; no dice :(

I know it might seem fruitless, but if you have not voted already, perhaps you can vote for it here; it's a little better than just hoping.

Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    You can do that with the iphone? Grrr why does the app sucks so much.
    sfleuriet likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterfang View Post
    According to my sister, they can. Apparently, everyone at her work can do it. It just doesn't make sense that we can tag people in pictures, but not statuses. I would understand the other way around...

Hopefully they add this kind of functionality in the next update. I want to be able to tag people in check ins too!

Also,having Foursquare integrated into the OS would be sweet!

Sent from my Windows Phone using Board Express

Quote Originally Posted by btbam91 View Post
    Hopefully they add this kind of functionality in the next update. I want to be able to tag people in check ins too!

I could have SWORN that we could tag people in check-ins. I wonder what I'm thinking of...

Btw, even my WinMo 6.5 can do tag people in check-ins.

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    7,164 Global Posts
    I don't do a tun of Facebook stuff buy is this what you are talking about? Go in to pictures pick a picture then chose the 3 dot menu chose share then Facebook you will see a tag+ symbol at the bottom chose it it will ask you to chose the face the takes you to contacts to add the person then add comment more tags whatever then send. Is that what you are trying to do?

Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blake View Post
    I don't do a tun of Facebook stuff buy is this what you are talking about? Go in to pictures pick a picture then chose the 3 dot menu chose share then Facebook you will see a tag+ symbol at the bottom chose it it will ask you to chose the face the takes you to contacts to add the person then add comment more tags whatever then send. Is that what you are trying to do?
    Nah, that's regular picture tagging. What the Topic Creator wants is tagging a person in the status you make in the Me tile.

Quote Originally Posted by btbam91 View Post

We could just have the official app updated with the ability but the developers of the official app as lazy as heL.L. We should had gotten a new update when the Timeline was created, Apple and Google got one, I think even Rim, why no us?

Global Posts
    5,609 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterfang View Post
    You can do that with android phones also...

Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redraider133 View Post
    You can do that with android phones also...
    That's awful, I'm starting to feel like a second class citizen :(

Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    There is no official App for WP. Both the inbuilt experience and the 'Official' app are built by Microsoft.

I think until WP gets more steam, thats how it will be and while Microsoft has updated the FB app from time to time, its not been enough to stay ahead of what Facebook has done with the iPhone and Android apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Judge_Daniel View Post
    I could have SWORN that we could tag people in check-ins. I wonder what I'm thinking of...

Btw, even my WinMo 6.5 can do tag people in check-ins.
    You can tag people in check-ins using the Facebook app. I don't know why the Me tile check-in function doesn't allow tagging. That's one of the only reasons I still use the app.
    The Start screen arrow must DIE!

Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Ugh... I have the same problem. I have my girlfriend do the check-ins and then tag me on it from her Blackberry 9900 (So 2007). I love my phone but little things like this irritate me.
    crystinonfire likes this.

Global Posts
    1,267 Global Posts
    You also cannot "Like" nor click on links inside a post's comments. I honestly can't recommend Windows Phone for heavy Facebook users. Nothing but frustrations there. The touch or mobile Web versions don't make up for this.

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

Quote Originally Posted by aubreyq View Post
    You also cannot "Like" nor click on links inside a post's comments. I honestly can't recommend Windows Phone for heavy Facebook users. Nothing but frustrations there. The touch or mobile Web versions don't make up for this.

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express
    I've noticed that, too. I thought this phone was supposed to be the ultimate Facebook phone (chat built in, news feed in the people hub/groups, etc.). Sadly, it lacks fairly basic functions that are found in the other two mobile OSes.

is there anyway to access the full facebook site so that u can tag people? i know if i view some fan pages sometimes it loads the full fb page but if i go to the home page from that full page it loads up the mobile page :(
    Banned

Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deadwrong03 View Post
    is there anyway to access the full facebook site so that u can tag people? i know if i view some fan pages sometimes it loads the full fb page but if i go to the home page from that full page it loads up the mobile page :(
    Just make sure you select "Desktop version" as your Website preference in the IE Settings. Then just go to www.facebook.com and it will load the full page.

I just found a even better way to solve this issue in the browser go to iPhone.facebook.com it lets you tag people in statuses and everything its better than the fb app

Sent from my mwp6985 using Board Express
    aubreyq and crystinonfire like this.

hi!
    m.facebook.com->u see the frame where u post ur status->under the frame,click 'more options'->u will see 'tag friends' and 'add location' under the frame.->click 'tag friends',u can tag ur friends.
    Have a nice day guys!
    Just type @ (at) followed by the name(s) you wanna tag on the comment section and a list matching the first letter(s) of whatever you've typed will show up. I've done this lots of time and it works like a charm.

Hope that helps.