so is skype ever coming???

TortueG

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Skype is also a service that lets you instant message people and place VOIP calls domestically and internationally. You could also use the back camera for your video chats

No front facing camera needed!

+1

Don't really need video conferencing but urgently need it for VOIP. I hope we will have some news during the CES

Chris Coyle

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
We won't see it til later this year. Only a few front facing cameras in phones anyway. Once these first Gen phones are all gone. Nokia will lead the way.

Sent from my Windows Phone using Board Express

KingCrimson

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I can't believe some people's impatience. The Skype deal only closed recently, do you think Microsoft can get full Skype integration in that quickly? Most likely it will appear as a separate, last update for WP7.5 around May.

red grenadine

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
I can't believe some people's impatience. The Skype deal only closed recently, do you think Microsoft can get full Skype integration in that quickly? Most likely it will appear as a separate, last update for WP7.5 around May.

An app was promised for Fall 2011. An app would be fine as a stopgap pre-integration. You can't tell me with a straight face that since the announcement of the acquisition (May 2011) or even the close of the acquisition (October 2011) that they couldn't throw an app together.

Sorry, this is a fail on MSFT's part

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire