Can I transfer apps to a new Live ID?

be789

Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
I want to change my Live ID. Can I transfer my purchased apps to a new Live ID? I have an Xbox Live account, if that matters. I'm pretty sure I can change the Live ID for my gamertag.

enahs555

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
If you change actual live accounts you will not be able to transfer over apps.

But, if you just do not like your name,etc in the live ID, you can go to the website and edit your profile and change that, etc.

klocker2

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
actually Yes, if you have the current WP live account linked to an Xbox Live Gamertag account (and an xbox) you can change your Live ID associated with the xbox (on the xbox) and it transfers ALL of your purchases and licenses over to that new Live account including WP purchases.

You also of course need to reset your phone with the new live account and re download all your apps which you can do easily from your PC via text by going to windowsphone.com and sending them to your phone.

There may be another way to do it as well, Zune account maybe but not sure. I did mine through Xbox

If your WP and Xbox are using different Live accounts, I think there is some way to do it but I'm not sure how

Last edited:

furrby

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Not working for me...

I changed (renamed) my Live account sign in, not the account itself. But, this still meant that I had to reset my phone since you cannot change the first Live account entered. (That should be changed. And one would think that Microsoft would be tracking the account by the "unique ID", not the actual text of the account name.) Once the phone came back up, I set it up with the new account name (which is still actually the same account). Then went to Market Place to re-download my games and it wants me to pay for the games I previously downloaded. My Live account is linked to my Xbox and that seem to have made the transition fine without me having to do anything.

So, do I have any option other than paying for my games again?

Also, trying to find direct email address for Windows Marketplace Support has proven fruitless as well.

Last edited:

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
you can just call MS CS department , they can help you fix that in 2 sec. they can xfer your license over to your new live account for you.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Then went to Market Place to re-download my games and it wants me to pay for the games I previously downloaded. My Live account is linked to my Xbox and that seem to have made the transition fine without me having to do anything.

So, do I have any option other than paying for my games again?

Also, trying to find direct email address for Windows Marketplace Support has proven fruitless as well.

You will NOT have to purchase them again. When you go to the windows phone account and select the app/game you wish to re-download, simply click "Buy" and the account will tell you that you have previously purchased the app and will not be charged for it again.

I know because I just did this a few days ago.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss