01-10-2012 01:21 PM
- As the title said I killed my Samsung Captivate today. The loudspeaker stopped working AGAIN and did my normal taping it on table a few times. Well I guess I was not as gentle as normal (I was very pissed). Screen is messed up now. Had it for over a year anyhow so time to upgrade. I plan to stay on ATT because most my family is on ATT etc.
Thinking of going for a 4" plus phone. I use my phone for these things in mostly order:
Music>Netflix>Google voice texting>phone calls.
I am debating on getting the HTC Titan because of the 16 Gigs of memory and nice size screen. With the issue I had with my Samsung phone and now my GF got a newer Samsung phone on Verizon with plenty of issues. I want to avoid Samsung now.
I also like the look of the HTC Vivid. Plus with the vivid I can buy a huge micro SD card for a nice music collection. I hate to always be streaming music.
I know going to WP7 I will lose one app I use ALOT with GF, words with friends. Hopefully it comes to the market soon. But how is the sound quality on most WP7 phones? I have been surfing here over the last few months and WP seems to be better on battery then Android in general. I HATE having a phone that can not last thru one day with normal usage.
So, HTC Titan, Vivid, LG Nitro (bad battery life?) or struggle without a phone for a few weeks and hope for a Nokia phone...01-07-2012 03:20 PM
- The Titan's battery is great according to most people (it lasts me over 3 days, but then again, I don't use it that much, except for texts, emails, and a little gaming on the side).
As for Nokia, I believe the first device (the 900) will be available starting March 18.01-07-2012 04:37 PM
- 01-07-2012 07:03 PM
- I say get the Titan for now, You'll be in your 30 day window when Nokia announces what is going on for the US. I switched from Android to Windows Phone and will never go back. I just returned my Titan to wait for a Nokia phone on AT&T, but my wife elected to keep her Titan. It is a great device, but the screen is too big in my opinion. Its one of those things you can only decide by using it for a while.01-07-2012 07:04 PM
- 01-07-2012 07:22 PM
- 01-07-2012 07:48 PM
- 01-07-2012 10:53 PM
:)01-08-2012 08:39 AM
- Well went to ATT, the local store said I have to wait 2 months for the upgrade price. So now I can either buy local on craiglist or go thru the retention department for there deal. Last time I talked to them (before my phone broke) it was $175 for the Titan. But not 100% sure I want to extend my ATT contract another 2 years.01-08-2012 10:16 AM
- Well went to ATT, the local store said I have to wait 2 months for the upgrade price. So now I can either buy local on craiglist or go thru the retention department for there deal. Last time I talked to them (before my phone broke) it was $175 for the Titan. But not 100% sure I want to extend my ATT contract another 2 years.01-08-2012 10:29 AM
- Ok, how silly would it be to get a normal Focus off Amazon from Samsung direct? Showing as $239 then I won't need to sign on the dotted line for another 2 years.
Are the SD bugs really that bad with the Focus? I like the idea of more storage because I love to carry alot of music on me.01-08-2012 02:45 PM
- Just in answer to your question about music sound quality, I listen to music in my HTC Trophy and the music sounds awesome. Best I have had on a phone. HTC has a sound enhancement app that comes on tge phone and it makes the music sound incredible. It sounds way better than my droid x even using all the sound equalizers I could find for android.
Sent from my Trophy using Board Express01-08-2012 04:02 PM
- Well an update. After trying to buy a Titan off CL for 175 and meeting the guy 3 towns away get to this dudes store and he said OH I sold that last week. When my buddy just called him right before we got in the car and drove for 20 mins. He brings out a older HTC phone (believe the inspire) and tried to sell me a NON working phone.
So on CL only other phones to "hold" me over in my price range was an HTC Inspire. The guy wanted 205 for it. Met him up at a local sub shop and he shows up with a phone it looks like my 5 year old was playing in a sandbox with. He tried to not sell it with the OEM stock 8 GB sd card with a cracked camera lens. At this point I got pissed and sick of CL BS.
I called ATT and got transfered to retention department. Got a Titan inc and should be here Weds. I could not wait for the Lumia/other CES phones to hit because my ex needs to be able to contact our kid when she is at my house etc. So unless another Windows phone outshines the Titan in 30 days I will keep it.
Thanks all the posts/information on this site. Officially a WP user now!01-09-2012 09:58 PM
- 01-10-2012 01:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD