03-16-2012 10:58 AM
- Hi guys!
I'm wondering if any of the press announcements revealed whether or not Windows Phone visual voicemail will arrive on AT&T with the HTC Titan II or the Nokia Lumia 900?
My line of work requires me to be on the phone all the time. I get a ton of phone calls and make a ton more. I need visual voicemail - after seeing how it works on the iPhone and BlackBerry platforms, it's a requirement for me...but I also love WP7. That's been my ONLY gripe about the platform, and what keeps me going back to iPhone. (I keep switching from micro-SIM to SIM at the AT&T every couple of weeks! :-p )
I know that T-Mobile offers visual voicemail on the Lumia 710 and the HTC Radar, but I'd like to stick with AT&T. Sprint doesn't offer it, and Verizon doesn't offer it. On AT&T, I am limited to the iPhone, any current BlackBerry, and the HTC Vivid & Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket Android phones.
Any idea when this feature (that is already part of Windows Phone) will be unlocked by AT&T? I'm even willing to pay for it...I just don't understand why a $29.99 BlackBerry Curve gets to have it, but a Samsung Focus S or HTC Titan do not.
Just curious! Thanks! :)01-10-2012 12:46 PM
- Hey guys, I just ditched my Samsung Focus S for a Nokia Lumia 710 on T-Mobile. I gotta say, I'm pretty excited about it - I have been using visual voicemail today, and it was WORTH IT. A must-have feature for me...and now I pay $80/mo for unlimited everything. A great choice; T-Mobile earned my business by turning this feature on.
Thanks so much for your help! I love my Windows Phone!!01-11-2012 10:57 PMLike 1
- AT&T stated they were working on bringing it to Windows phone back with Mango (sept/oct). Its built into the software, so its just up to AT&T to update their backend now. Why is it taking so long? Thats a damn good question, and you should call them/chat them and complain. Post on their boards ect.01-28-2012 11:33 AM
- Another option is to have your calls forwarded to a Google Voice account and use the free Go Voice app available in the Marketplace. It can show transcribed voicemail. Have it set up to only do voicemail.
I will say that I too am waiting for the Lumia 900 to be released. I have an Android now and use Google Voice and it works rather well.01-28-2012 12:27 PM
- 01-28-2012 01:42 PM
- I really hope AT&T gets their act together and has visual voice mail ready for the 900. If they are truly a premier partner for WP, then they need to have this feature enabled. Hopefully Microsoft has nagged them about it too.AT&T stated they were working on bringing it to Windows phone back with Mango (sept/oct). Its built into the software, so its just up to AT&T to update their backend now. Why is it taking so long? Thats a damn good question, and you should call them/chat them and complain. Post on their boards ect.02-06-2012 01:03 PM
- Haha. No need to switch carriers for visual voicemail. Just get this app: http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/ap...4-00237de2db9e02-09-2012 07:01 PM
- The 3rd party VVM apps are useless for 2 major reasons:
They are SLow as sh*t...
They play through the speaker
Why in gods name would I want everyone to hear my voicemail?
And the transcripting is not up to par. Its usually so wrong in my line of work (medical) that i have to play it over the speaker, playing patient confidential information for everyone to hear.
VVM is the only thing I miss from IOS.
ATT has completely disappointed me in this regard.03-15-2012 12:26 PM
- 03-16-2012 10:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD