Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Bballbenb

Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Verizon: 'All' our smartphones will be 4G LTE | CES 2012: Smartphones - CNET Blogs

Yes still dont have any announcements but that article basically says they have every intention to carry WP7.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,304 Global Posts
    thats good new for you verizon people....

now when is SPRINT gona step up . hehehe

i think they only came out with 2 WP on LTE any ways so if they dont have one yet ... they will.
    If your looking for Information, be sure to check out: WindowsPhone: Getting started!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    If one of our Members helps you, be sure to THANK him or her!

Global Posts
    5,769 Global Posts
    I hope this means they will carry more ep but not gonna get my hopes up since how they seem to hate wp so much.
    Developer

Global Posts
    1,306 Global Posts
    I hate to be a skeptic here, but is there a citation for what Keith Lampron ACTUALLY said? The article is not as clear as I would hope. I would like to see a clear document or statement that says VZW will carry Windows Phones that support 4G LTE. A reference to a public statement would be appreciated.

Global Posts
    5,769 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jleebiker View Post
    I hate to be a skeptic here, but is there a citation for what Keith Lampron ACTUALLY said? The article is not as clear as I would hope. I would like to see a clear document or statement that says VZW will carry Windows Phones that support 4G LTE. A reference to a public statement would be appreciated.
    Nothing was mentioned about them carrying wp just their future devices they do carry will be only lte.

Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    "In fact, Keith Lampron, Verizon's associate director of device marketing, assured CNET that Verizon has every intention of supporting Windows Phone in the future."

Pretty sure that is something and not nothing redraider...
    willied likes this.
    Developer

Global Posts
    1,306 Global Posts
    Bucky, that's what I'm talking about. That line in the article is the journalists interpretation of what he said. That should not be confused on what VZW's official stance will be. They could be 2 totally different things. I want to see something in writing that specifically spells out how VZW plans to make this happen.

Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jleebiker View Post
    Bucky, that's what I'm talking about. That line in the article is the journalists interpretation of what he said. That should not be confused on what VZW's official stance will be. They could be 2 totally different things. I want to see something in writing that specifically spells out how VZW plans to make this happen.
    You know, skeptics can stretch just as much as optimists... All of this information lines up with the previous BS that Verizon threw out a little while ago about them telling MS they needed to support LTE for Verizon to support WP. If you want to know details and specifics, get a job at Verizon and climb up the ladder until you know all the secrets.
    ♥♥♥

I feel like this puts Verizon on the same level as Sprint...which isn't very high. Sprint said that they will try WP again, but only around August or September. Verizon said that they would try again, but didn't give a date. Now that I think about it, Sprint might still be on a higher level. How sad.

Carrier: Verizon Wireless
    Phones: HTC 8X & HTC Trophy & Samsung Focus
    PC:Dell Studio XPS 1640

My app: Plant Guide

Spitfire 4.0, my HTC Imagio, rest in peace.

Yeah, it's really hard to take anything positive from this. The language is as vague as possible with no indication of timing and it makes no promises whatsoever. The only worse thing they could have said is that they will not support WP at all (which they would never say even if it's true).

Global Posts
    5,769 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by buckeyeballer09 View Post
    "In fact, Keith Lampron, Verizon's associate director of device marketing, assured CNET that Verizon has every intention of supporting Windows Phone in the future."

Pretty sure that is something and not nothing redraider...
    "in the future" is the key words. That could mean they are waiting for apollo update before they pick up more wp devices.

Global Posts
    5,769 Global Posts
    Verizon Says 4G LTE Smartphone Requirement Still A “Long Way Off”

And here shows Verizon back tracking. Don't get your hopes up.
    Developer

Global Posts
    1,306 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by starblade876 View Post
    You know, skeptics can stretch just as much as optimists... All of this information lines up with the previous BS that Verizon threw out a little while ago about them telling MS they needed to support LTE for Verizon to support WP. If you want to know details and specifics, get a job at Verizon and climb up the ladder until you know all the secrets.
    You know... That's the 2nd time that's been suggested to me...

Global Posts
    997 Global Posts
    I personally think we will not see any 3G CDMA-only (non-4G LTE) devices on Verizon after the first half of 2012. Since September 2011 (or more specifically when the Motorola Droid Bionic was released), Verizon has released six 4G LTE devices (with two more coming soon in the RAZR Maxx and Droid 4) and only four non-4G LTE devices (or five if you count the 8 GB iPhone 4 as a "new" device or separate from the iPhone 4S):

Verizon 4G LTE devices, early September 2011 to mid-January 2012:

*Motorola Droid Bionic
    *Pantech Breakout
    *Samsung Stratosphere
    *HTC Rezound
    *Motorola Droid RAZR
    *Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Verizon 3G CDMA-only devices, early September 2011 to mid-January 2012:

*LG Enlighten
    *HTC Rhyme
    *Apple iPhone 4S
    *Samsung Illusion

Verizon has clearly moved from 4G LTE devices being unique, high-end releases (as was the case with the HTC Thunderbolt, Samsung Droid Charge, and LG Revolution in the first half of 2011) to being "core" releases. Though Verizon isn't done with releasing new 3G CDMA-only phones yet, considering they intend to have their entire network covered with 4G LTE by the end of 2013, it would make zero sense for them to sell new non-4G LTE devices in the second half of 2012, or especially in the pre-holiday rush to market phone spree that starts in the September/October time frame every year.

Other notable devices:
    Windows laptops: Asus VivoBook X202E (Windows 8), HP Pavilion g4-1215dx (Windows 7)
    Chromebooks: Samsung Chromebook XE303

Global Posts
    5,769 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CHIP72 View Post
    I personally think we will not see any 3G CDMA-only (non-4G LTE) devices on Verizon after the first half of 2012. Since September 2011 (or more specifically when the Motorola Droid Bionic was released), Verizon has released six 4G LTE devices (with two more coming soon in the RAZR Maxx and Droid 4) and only four non-4G LTE devices (or five if you count the 8 GB iPhone 4 as a "new" device or separate from the iPhone 4S):

Verizon 4G LTE devices, early September 2011 to mid-January 2012:

*Motorola Droid Bionic
    *Pantech Breakout
    *Samsung Stratosphere
    *HTC Rezound
    *Motorola Droid RAZR
    *Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Verizon 3G CDMA-only devices, early September 2011 to mid-January 2012:

*LG Enlighten
    *HTC Rhyme
    *Apple iPhone 4S
    *Samsung Illusion

Verizon has clearly moved from 4G LTE devices being unique, high-end releases (as was the case with the HTC Thunderbolt, Samsung Droid Charge, and LG Revolution in the first half of 2011) to being "core" releases. Though Verizon isn't done with releasing new 3G CDMA-only phones yet, considering they intend to have their entire network covered with 4G LTE by the end of 2013, it would make zero sense for them to sell new non-4G LTE devices in the second half of 2012, or especially in the pre-holiday rush to market phone spree that starts in the September/October time frame every year.
    Yeah but they did just release a 3g only bb at ces. I think until verizon can get their lte network bugs worked out and more reliable they will continue having 3g only devices but most likely will see more lte devices than 3g only devices.

Global Posts
    997 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redraider133 View Post
    Yeah but they did just release a 3g only bb at ces. I think until verizon can get their lte network bugs worked out and more reliable they will continue having 3g only devices but most likely will see more lte devices than 3g only devices.
    Devices that are 4G LTE also have 3G CDMA radios, so the network issues shouldn't be a factor in releasing 3G CDMA-only devices in the second half of 2012.

Other notable devices:
    Windows laptops: Asus VivoBook X202E (Windows 8), HP Pavilion g4-1215dx (Windows 7)
    Chromebooks: Samsung Chromebook XE303

Global Posts
    5,769 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CHIP72 View Post
    Devices that are 4G LTE also have 3G CDMA radios, so the network issues shouldn't be a factor in releasing 3G CDMA-only devices in the second half of 2012.
    Yeah but 3g only devices are not effected when the lte network goes down. Plus as they said the chips are still very expensive and feature phones and other "cheaper devices"(wp7) may not be worth the extra price increase.