Do you use a case on your phone

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I have used casers on all my converged devices since the treo 600 starting with flip cases silicon on the pure nice two piece silicon case on thye tilt2 on the ficus I have used a silcon case and a vertical pouch now usiung a horizontal poiuch case a when not wearing a shirt with a pocket. If I have a pocket in my shirt its in the silcon case.

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
This confirmed what I thought. Most people who use cases assume that most of the general public also uses cases. My guess was that it was closer to 40% use cases. According to this poll, its actually closer to only 33%.

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Any case I buy would be at least 1000x more expensive than my phone cost for $.01. I already have spent that much on a screen protector. If anything I may get the body shield film for the back, but that would make it about 3000x the cost of my phone in protectors. :)

IamVortigaunt

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Any case I buy would be at least 1000x more expensive than my phone cost for $.01. I already have spent that much on a screen protector. If anything I may get the body shield film for the back, but that would make it about 3000x the cost of my phone in protectors. :)

It's not really about what you paid for the phone, but what it would cost to replace it. I assume you got it for .01 as a subsidized price for signing a contract. If something were to happen to your phone, getting a new one off contract would likely cost much more.

Sent from my mwp6985 using Board Express

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
I've had a cheapy ebay case on my HD7 since the day I got it. When I take it out of the case, it's pretty much as good as new, which I'm pretty chuffed about as it looks like I'll be keeping this phone another year.

Pronk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I have cases, usually cheap ones, but rarely use them unless I know I'm going somewhere where it might come in handy (e.g. out walking so I want extra protection).

The only time I've been forced to buy a case (well, a vinyl skin) is with my iPhone 4. Not because it wasn't tough enough - because the back was so shiny it kept sliding off of things!

One thing that annoys me a bit - it's great that Nokia gave away a case with the Lumia 800. But why why why did they make it so that the ONLY bit it doesn't cover - the silver strip on the back - is the only bit on the whole phone that actually scratches easily? I swear you could make marks on it with your eyelashes, it's that prone to marking!

willied

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
I've got a Case-Mate case on my Trophy because it came with the phone (eBay). I like the case as it's not bulky at all, though it doesn't really give much protection for the screen, but it's better than nothing.

EvilFiek

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I am using the standard case that came with the Lumia 800. On the WP7 phones I had before I never used a case, primarily because I didn't want to buy one. If there hadn't been one with the Lumia I wouldn't have bought one for it, either. I am still undecided if I am to keep the case or not. It fits very nicely, but to me it looks like it allows more dust to settle in. Also, the phone obviously looks nicer without. But for now I am sticking with the case.

Rodolfo#WP

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Too much fear in the culture...

I don't worry about getting a scratch on my phone: I'm careful, but no case nor screen protector. Then again, I also don't use antivirus software nor get vaccinations either. ;)

I also don't recommend any of this reckless behavior. :blush:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99