03-27-2012 11:54 AM
- So I have been over at the AT&T forums and it seams that there is a lot of unhappy folks over there, stating that AT&T has the worst coverage and worst customer service in all of wireless. Is this true or is there just a bunch of troll's trying to cause problems over there?01-14-2012 11:34 AM
- palandriRetired ModeratorFor me, their coverage is fine and their customer service is fine. No better or worse thatn any other carrier. I've never been impressed with an AT&T store and avoid them. When I need assistance, I call AT&T over the phone.
I have had T-Mobile, and AT&T for personal phones, and Sprint/Nextel and Verizon for company work phones.01-14-2012 11:49 AM
- I have been with ATT since back in the Cingular days.
1. I never had a problem with customer service, I have found them quite helpful and pleasant anytime I needed them.
2. I have great coverage no matter where I have gone in the USA on trips, I live in Connecticut.
I read the same negative items and am baffled by the negative stuff.01-14-2012 12:12 PM
- I've had ATT since 2003 and have had zero probs. YMMV on various AT&T stores, but phone cust svc has always been courteous and helpful. I had sprint before this and they were terrible, both in coverage and cust svc. As far as AT&T bashing? I just shrug my shoulders and say "good, get off my network so my speeds will increase!"01-14-2012 12:21 PM
- So I have been over at the AT&T forums and it seams that there is a lot of unhappy folks over there, stating that AT&T has the worst coverage and worst customer service in all of wireless. Is this true or is there just a bunch of troll's trying to cause problems over there?
Really the best way to find out if at&t will work for you is if you test drive it and do research. Find out which carrier has the low band spectrum (850 mhz or even the new 700mhz LTE spectrum) in your area. The 850 cellular licenses are old and relatively built out well while also providing good building penetration.01-14-2012 01:26 PM
Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express01-14-2012 02:26 PM
- 01-14-2012 04:57 PM
- I switched over from sprint which I used to like but since they got the iPhone their network is horrible plus the fact that att has the best windows phones so I am happy with the switch... I had att several years ago (recovered ios addict) and back then it was horrible but the situation has greatly improved since then.. Also remember you have 30 days to test it out so give it a shot there is not much risk involved...
Sent from my PI39100 using Board Express01-14-2012 05:09 PM
- Same here. Almost never drop a call, but typically looking at 1-2 bars in most places, and occasionally 3. Never much more than 1.6Mbps download. Makes me jealous when I hear the speeds that some other users get. But WiFi at home and the office are 3 to 5 times better, so no problems. Except if I want show off my AT&T WP to someone and wind up with choppy video or clipped audio. Always remind them its not the phones fault.
Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express
I am glad to see so many supporters for AT&T on here. Thanks for the info.01-14-2012 05:53 PM
- Sorry, my keyboard not only vanished, but posted. I was posting that extremists make most of the noise. Also, people seek out forums for solutions to problems, so they're already unhappy.
I've been trying AT&T for 2 weeks now, and it stacks up pretty well against my Verizon service. Not better, but just as good. I haven't been that impressed with what were supposed to be faster HSPA+ speeds, but I think I'm going to switch.01-14-2012 05:54 PM
- I've had AT&T since 2002. They were great with dumb phones but awful with iPhone. I seriously almost jumped ship because the coverage with the 3GS is so bad. But it got better when I went to an android device and has been EXCELLENT since I've had my WP7 device. I really haven't had a problem with them on anything but an iPhone.01-14-2012 10:19 PM
- I have been with AT&T since 2004. Back when it was AT&T, then Cingular and now AT&T again. I will not leave them. Their customer service has always been good to me. Their network coverage is also good in my area. Not perfect but good and always showing strong improvement. AT&T also has the best phone selection. They offer good choices across three platforms.
I can't explain the hate against AT&T. I also have a sprint wireless device and that network is really slow. But I don't hear the same amount of hate from vituperative vipers full of vitriol.
I think in the internet age narratives take hold and then just take on a life of their own. This is why it is so important for companies to get ahead of negative press. AT&T clearly had some problems with their network from unprecedented demand. That's not the story. The story and related narrative should be the incredible job AT&T did by effectively dealing with it. But it is so easy for people to anonymously sit behind keyboards and bash, bash and bash some more.
I will admit that AT&T is not cheap. But I have not yet reached the conclusion that the value proposition is not aligned with what I am paying on a monthly basis. Neither do I see myself coming to that conclusion any time soon. If you are contemplating moving over to AT&T and they have good coverage in your area, I think you will be happy.01-14-2012 10:31 PM
- I have had AT&T since 1998, have only had 1 billing issue in 17 years, phoned customer service and they corrected it. AT&T's coverage is better in my area than Verizon, I have a company phone on Verizon, BB Curve 3g, only works in my home on occasion and doesnt get signal at half of the places I work at, in Greensbug PA, signal doesn't go through the buildings, vs my Focus which works everywhere.01-15-2012 09:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD