question regarding sharing between apps

Jalik

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys,

I'm still undecided whether to get the GalNex and to hope that the lousy speaker wont bother me that much or to jump ship and try something new. The problem is that I have no opportunity to play with a windows phone other than demo units w/o any market place apps and contacts and calender dates and stuff. So I can't see how a fully set up WP7.5 would look and feel. That lead to several questions, some of which I already could answer. One question remains atm: how can one share content between apps? One of the strenghts of android is the easy way to share stuff, like a photo from the camera app with whatsapp. You just hit the share button in the camera app and select whatsapp. or the mail client. or dropbox. or whatever. I wonder if something similar is possible for WP7.5? How would you share a url from the browser with whatsapp for example?

Thanks for your help! :)

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Hi Kilaj, one of the good things about Windows Phone is sharing photos etc.

Take a photo, just hit share and it asks you where?

Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, SkyDrive, Specific Apps you have installed or by email etc :)

Similar if you use Internet Explorer, copy the URL and share it as well.

I'm not a WhatsApp user myself so not qualified to say exactly how that performs on Windows Phone.

Hopefully a WhatsApp user will be able to help you more with specifics for that app than I can. :)

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Internet Explorer has a share button that you can use to send the link to; messaging, email or social social networks (Live, FB, Twitter). Don't use Whatsup so not sure how deeply integrated it can get for linking, but definitely part of the photos hub. I actually have about a dozen choices for a photo.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mietaz