3 phones 1 account

perbear

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
OK, so some of you have multiple phones but only use ONE email account. What I would like to know is - have you directed ALL your mail to the phone(s) or is the mail also downloaded to your pc at home? I guess that managing to direct your mail to 3 phones probably answers the question but I want to ask this anyway. Do you receive ALL your mail on ALL your phones PLUS at home on your desktop/laptop computer? I don't have access to a corporate mail server so I am not trying to tap into a mailserver (other than my mailbox at my provider) and sync from there, but I don't want to lose any mail and have them scattered between devices. I walked that road many years ago and have never been comfortable with having some correspondence on one computer and the rest on another (before webmail). Currently I don't have my phone's email account configured.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm just using cloud email services like Gmail and Hotmail. So the email goes to both my handsets. And both are up to date.

For XBL, I have it on both handsets. But game saves are local. So if I'm at a certain level on one phone, it won't continue from that on the other phone. Which can be good, because I could let my toddler play with my second handset without affecting the fames on my primary handset. Well, unless he does better than me and gets all the achievements first of course.

perbear

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Does using cloud mail mean that the mail never leaves the cloud, that it is stored there until decided otherwise? having my mail in any other place than in my computer is until now unthought of.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Cloud email is stored on servers held by the cloud provider. The server is permanently connected to the internet, allowing you to access it from anywhere, anytime.

While cloud services may seem inherently less secure, the security that these companies put towards protecting this data is likely far more than anything someone would have at home to protect their personal email.

If someone wants to target your email personally, it will be easier to target tour home computer.

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
If my laptop is off and I delete an email on my phone (which deletes it from the hotmail serever) then I won't get it on my PC. But if I delete it on my pc, i have it set to leave the mail on the server, so I still receive it on my phone. I had the second phone set not to sync my hotmail from that account cause I only did it so my wife and I could share paid apps.

a box of fish

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
For XBL, I have it on both handsets. But game saves are local. So if I'm at a certain level on one phone, it won't continue from that on the other phone. Which can be good, because I could let my toddler play with my second handset without affecting the fames on my primary handset. Well, unless he does better than me and gets all the achievements first of course.

Kthxs for this.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers