My phone isn't connecting to Zune.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I plug it in and it charges to my computer to Zune doesn't open and when I open Zune individually it says connect your device.

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Do you hear the usual USB connection chime when physically connecting the phone to the PC? Going by your description, your PC isn't aware that the phone is connected to it. I know you said you "rebooted" Zune, but did you reboot the PC itself? How about powering off the phone, removing the battery, and powering it back on?

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Mine sometimes connects and when the zune screen comes up it shows no device connected and a few seconds later it connects and syncs. I would spring for a new usb cable or borrow a friends micro usb cable.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Do you hear the usual USB connection chime when physically connecting the phone to the PC? Going by your description, your PC isn't aware that the phone is connected to it. I know you said you "rebooted" Zune, but did you reboot the PC itself? How about powering off the phone, removing the battery, and powering it back on?

Tried all of the above. Still don't work.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Did you try a different USB port? They do get screwed up all the time.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
have you looked at the inside of the usb conectgors on your phone and the cable maybe ones a little bent or something and its not connecting well enough for recognition

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I believe that there are different functions controlled by the pins and maybe its connecting to charge but not to sync. Some usb cables were only for charging while some can sync and charge ( as least that was my experience in windows the earlier mobile phone

I tried to use a mini usb to micro adapter with an old tilt2 cable and it would charge but would not sync.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Bought a cheap one on Walgreens. Funny thing is that it said, Work for Android and Windows Phone and had a picture of a WP device (Trophy,Arrive or Surround). And it works perfectly :D.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo