05-01-2013 03:31 PM
- I posted this in the Arrive forum, but it had no takers, so I'll try in this one.
Since getting back into the Boston area a month ago, my Arrive has been unable to send or receive pictures. I went home for the holidays, to Delaware to be specific, and pictures worked just fine.
Upon returning to Boston right after New Year's, I saw that pictures were again unable to send. I talked to Sprint to see what they had to say. I knew it couldn't be the phone because, like I said, it worked just fine elsewhere. Sprint at first said it was a coverage issue, and gave me several revised dates for when it would be fixed.
Finally, I went into a Sprint Store, and they said it's actually a problem with Microsoft. One of the techs present has the Arrive, and has been having the same issue. He said there should be a patch in the next update to fix this.
The other day, pictures worked for a good half hour, before stopping once more. Yesterday, pictures worked for ten minutes, and again ceased. Now, today, pictures have been working sporadically (but moreso not).
Other people are having this issue
HTC Arrive MMS messages cannot send or be received (Boston - Microsoft Answers
Is there anyone from this board who is running into this?
If pictures have been working for blocks of time for the past few days, could that mean its on its way back to working just fine? What about needing an update? Blah, it's been very aggravating, and I really want to know who here may be running into this.
Oh and also, yes I've tried refreshing the network profile, and talking with Sprint online, they refreshed the services to the phone, but nothing happened, so I've been proactive in trying to fix this :p01-18-2012 04:13 PM
- My wife and I both have Arrives, and we both have this problem sporadically. It'll be fine for weeks, then suddenly not work at all, then magically start working again. I have no pattern or fix to help you with. The "sad face" live tile is very familiar to us.
I'm not convinced it's a WP issue - I think it may be the combination of this phone and Sprint. I find that data on this phone has been much slower than other Sprint phones, and other Windows phones. We live in Overland Park and have very good coverage, so I don't think it's related to that, either.
Additionally, I had for a week or so a problem where, when I tried to send a regular text message, the recipient would get an old text message. I finally called a friend who works at sprint and he had to do some kind of account reset for me which fixed that problem. Overall, I think the solution to all my problems is going to be the Lumia 900 on AT&T.01-18-2012 05:16 PM
- As soon as I posted this, pictures started working again, and held steady for a couple of hours, but now they're back down.
On one hand, it's quite annoying to be lulled into a false sense of security with pictures working, but on the other hand, it almost seems to be like the problem is getting closer to correcting itself wholly...01-18-2012 09:31 PM
- I have 3 HTC Arrive phones. One of them gave errors 95% of the time when sending a MMS picture (would return with "Can't send message. Try again.") or receiving (clicking "Get media content now" would not show anything).
This is what seemed to fix it for me. Settings -> cellular -> change prl.
Apparently this is a known issue that Sprint and Microsoft are working on. The above action triggers data registration which fixes the glitch.01-20-2012 01:08 PM
- Well a few days ago it started working in the morning, and it's continued since then.
Is this problem solved for anyone else?
Edit: I woke up and found that I had jinxed it, and it no longer worked. For the heck of it, I did "Change PRL", and for the first time, that worked.
Last edited by book1245; 01-23-2012 at 07:27 AM.01-22-2012 08:18 PM
- I have been on Edge (0.6Mbps Download) since I got home from work today. No 3G signal. Funny thing is I still have about 50% of my battery, which is very unusual for me. Usually needs a booster around 10:30pm so I could make it to bedtime. No worries on the signal as I use WiFi at home and work. Only wish I can switch to Edge 24/7. Could finally make it through a full day on mu 1230MAh battery.
Probably working on LTE. I don't need it, but will be nice to impress friends once I get my Ace.
Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express01-23-2012 11:43 PM
- No, my Focus has been really dodgy for the past couple of weeks.
It is very rare for a picture MMS to send successfully. Nothing seems to affect it as far as battery percentage, signal strength, Wi-Fi, or anything.
Websites are also having a lot of trouble loading. Most won't load unless I let the loading bar get to about 90%, then re-enter the address. I also get a lot of "We're having trouble viewing this page right now" messages. Very frustrating.
The Marketplace has been having trouble loading at times as well.
Some apps and games that require internet connections are having spotty issues. Sometimes USA Today won't load any news. Words By Post gives me network connection errors. 4th and Mayor sometimes tells me I have no connection to location services.
All of this is really starting to frustrate me. I can't figure out what is going wrong. The only thing I can think of is that I Windowsbreak/interop unlocked my phone around the same time I started having issues. All I've installed is a battery percentage meter, a screenshot app, AdvancedConfig to change my themes and get rid of app dehydration, and WP7 Root Tools so I could get the 8107 update.01-29-2012 04:43 PM
- Hi! I've been experiencing the MMS problems for a while and I did the prl thing and it seems to be working (of course, I did it about ten minutes ago so it's not like I've extensively used it) but I've also been experiencing problems with delayed incoming SMS messages, will this fix it?01-23-2013 09:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD