Bifurcated

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Just got off the phone with a Telus rep here in Canada. I was asking him about the Lumia 800, which is about to release. He tried very hard to convince me that the Galaxy II was a better phone than the Lumia 800 - faster, more features, more eco-friendly(!!), more user friendly.

I asked if he'd ever used a Windows phone. He said yes. I asked which model. He couldn't remember. I asked if it had a stylus. He said yes. And a start menu.

And people wonder why WinPho isn't doing so well.

Bifurcated

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I did tell him he didn't know what Windows Phone is, and he shouldn't advise clients until he's tried it.

I'm sure he couldn't give a rat's posterior about what I thought.

The trouble is, we had a long discussion about how their plans work, and now that I know he is willing to spin complete BS, I'm going to have to call another Telus rep to make sure he wasn't completely blowing smoke.

Sigh.

mprice86

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I did tell him he didn't know what Windows Phone is, and he shouldn't advise clients until he's tried it.

I'm sure he couldn't give a rat's posterior about what I thought.

The trouble is, we had a long discussion about how their plans work, and now that I know he is willing to spin complete BS, I'm going to have to call another Telus rep to make sure he wasn't completely blowing smoke.

Sigh.
If you have the last reps name, call up their support again and ask straight away to speak to a supervisor to relay what happened previously.

Then ask the supervisor for the information, or ask him to refer you to a competent rep.

Might sound harsh, but it'll get the job done ;)

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
My opinion is they bully people into getting what they want to sell instead of what the customer wants, so bully back! Escalate it! Maybe they'll cut you a deal! E.g.: an old coworker received a cold-call from his landline/internet provider offering their new broadband tv service. When he informed them he was happy with the tv service he had from a competitor, they inquired about his programming package and then told him how much he could save on his monthly bill by switching. (about $15) He promptly called his current provider and told them about it. Their exact response: "ok, done. Your bill is now $xx ($15 less) per month." Squeaky wheel gets the grease! :D

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Actually,I agree, the GS2 is better than the Lumia 800. He may have had motives behind why he pushed the GS2, but maybe he was just giving you his honest opinion.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett