I want a QWERTY Slider Win. 7.5+ Phone

Altoid666

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
Hi All,
I currently use a Samsung Alias2 on Verizon. My 2year contract is up in April this year.
I want to stay with Verizon and I want to upgrade to a smart phone running Win. 7.5+
that has a slider QWERTY Keyboard. Any sugestions.
Thanks,
Altoid666

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
You could try to get an arrive(sprint) it has the qwerty, will automatically receive mango and is cdma so it should work on vzw. You would have to unlock it though. There is also the Dell Venue Pro, which comes unlocked, but I don't know if they make a cdma version. If I were you I would try the software keyboard before deciding you need a slider phone. WPs soft keyboard is arguably the best one out there. It's hands down the best I've tried, including androids beloved swype. In terms of accuracy, speed and usability it blows them all away. And that's even with the disappearing keyboard bug that plagues some devices since mango, including my HD7. The other option is to hold out for one of the oems to make a qwerty WP with cdma. I wouldn't hold my breath.

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Hi All,
I currently use a Samsung Alias2 on Verizon. My 2year contract is up in April this year.
I want to stay with Verizon and I want to upgrade to a smart phone running Win. 7.5+
Thanks,
Altoid666

Ok so I asked around and did a bit of research and apparently you can't unlock a CDMA device. Looks like your only options if you're staying with big red is to find a trophy, hold out to see if something comes down the pipe, or go to another platform. I would really recommend trying to get your hands on a trophy and at least check it out. The software keyboard might pleasantly surprise you. I was a hard key devotee but my HD7 converted me.

nrguser

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Ok so I asked around and did a bit of research and apparently you can't unlock a CDMA device. Looks like your only options if you're staying with big red is to find a trophy, hold out to see if something comes down the pipe, or go to another platform. I would really recommend trying to get your hands on a trophy and at least check it out. The software keyboard might pleasantly surprise you. I was a hard key devotee but my HD7 converted me.

You can unlock it, however if Verizon doesn't sell it they won't activate it.

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
You can unlock it, however if Verizon doesn't sell it they won't activate it.

Rwally? I've never heard of a business turning down money to provide the service they have to offer. That's like a car salesman saying "I don't want to sell you this Mercedes slk that I'll make over $15000 commission on, which you have the cash for in your hand, because I really like selling Toyotas.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Rwally? I've never heard of a business turning down money to provide the service they have to offer. That's like a car salesman saying "I don't want to sell you this Mercedes slk that I'll make over $15000 commission on, which you have the cash for in your hand, because I really like selling Toyotas.

Well that may be a good story but unfortunately thats how VZN operates.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Hi All,
Thanks,
Altoid666

Nithing definite has been announced from VZN Its p[ossible they may get a device from Nokia some previous rumors had the 900 coming to VZN with a sliding physical kb like the HTC Pro (Arrive) so who knows it may be possibl;e I personally would not be holding my breath for that happening! But I dont breathe well anway!

nrguser

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site

Its partially a business decision and the fact that Verizon and Sprint use two different frequencies. I don't remember the exact one's but I know Sprint's has a hard time penetrating walls while Verizon's does it with ease.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05