No Going Back..or Forward- Ease My Pain

1414H77

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
I have the Samsung Focus S, which I love, but... too many people complain they can't hear me off and off during a call (no, my face is not away from the phone)- it is my 3rd S and the problem persists (have never had this problem with any other phone I have had and the service is great where I live). My 30 day return period is tomorrow.

So, my dilemma- I love WP7 after 3 years of all iPhones and a number of Android phones rooted and non-rooted. I cannot go back now to them- they are so clunky feeling now- I am a WP7 believer now. But, as much as I love the S I can't get stuck with a phone for two years where i have this continued problem. To me the Titan is a little too big, plus if I get it today or tomorrow then I can't return it and the Titan II will come out soon. Plus, the coming LTE makes me thirst all the more!

I can't go back to Android now- it is like going back to a kid's toy now (feels like a baby's version of Ntendo DS now after getting used to WP7). How can I move forward without getting stuck? Any other great, fast windows phones?

Oh, one more option- I could return the phone and use my current Android phone (Atrix 4G) on AT&T another 45 or 60 days until the Lumina 900 or others come out, but that would be torture- though it may be my best option.

Help. Any options appreciated.

mprice86

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
As much as you may not want to use the Android for any longer than you have to, it sounds like your best option if you're not happy with the Focus S.

Could always put WP7 launcher on the Android to make it a bit easier :p

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I would see if you can exchange it as it seems defective. The other thing you could try is use a different mix other than the built in handset mic. Use a BT headset or the original wired mic. That might eliminate if it is a mic problem or an overall phone problem. Either way, I'd say take it back and exchange it. Good luck!

Chicken7

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Could it possibly be that the volume is turned too low during the calls? Not too sure if it affects the earpiece as well as the mic.

1414H77

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
I would see if you can exchange it as it seems defective. The other thing you could try is use a different mix other than the built in handset mic. Use a BT headset or the original wired mic. That might eliminate if it is a mic problem or an overall phone problem. Either way, I'd say take it back and exchange it. Good luck!

Thanks. Been there, done that- this is my third exchange in the last 29 days of the S. The problem persists.

1414H77

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
As much as you may not want to use the Android for any longer than you have to, it sounds like your best option if you're not happy with the Focus S.

Could always put WP7 launcher on the Android to make it a bit easier :p

Maybe that will ease the pain for 60 days with the old Android phone to buy time. I will have to look in the Android Market and check it out.

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm in a similar boat. I was an AT&T customer, but gave them up because of terrible reception. I jumped back to Verizon where I could get locked into a 2 year contract with the Trophy or jump to an Android LTE phone. I chose Android. I miss WP7. The battery life, the style and the ease of use. I will be back.

Possible thought for you. When people complain they can't hear you... are you in an area with poor service?

blehblehbleh

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
any chance of going back to your old iphone, retaining yoru upgrade and waiting 2 months for the Lumia 900? If I had to go back to something temporarily i'd at the very least go back to an iphone

mhans311

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
I would go back to the atrix and wait it out. I know you don't like Android, but the atrix is a decent phone. Throw launcher7 on there to make yourself less homesick :)

Sent from my Trophy using Board Express

1414H77

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
My decision is made, the die is cast, the chickens have come to roost, the gig is up... I am leaving in an hour to go back to AT&T and return the S and fire back up the Atrix. I am using the Windows Android launcher for now to ease the pain while I wait for the LTE versions to come out shortly. I will be returning to WP7, though, without a doubt, hopefully in 60 days or so. I thought the Focus S was the best smartphone I've ever had except for the pesky sound problem.

Leave the light on for me for my return...

Major

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
My old Atrix is my backup device. It does the job. Hopefully the Nokia 900 fulfills your expectations.

Since you mentioned the Titan II as well, I'll remind you that it's as big as the original Titan, which you described as too big.

1414H77

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Back on Atrix now...what a bummer. I thought it was the best thing in the world 9 months ago, but now feels like a Model T compared to the Focus S and WP7.

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Back on Atrix now...what a bummer. I thought it was the best thing in the world 9 months ago, but now feels like a Model T compared to the Focus S and WP7.

I feel your pain... I've gone on record multiple times that if MS throws in the towel I'll be going back to a feature phone when my device craps out, rather than "slum" on another OS.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon