HTC Titan waking up on its own

Diamondx_8

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Today my HTC Titan started to randomly wake up on its own. I don't think I have had any updates today. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Diamondx_8

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I did have push enabled and toast notifications. That never caused a problem before. I turned all of those off last night and will wait to see what happens today. I don't remember it happening since then. However, that defeats the purpose and will make me sad if I can't turn those on.

I am really trying to figure out why the change. One day no problem and the next day there is an issue.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
What do you mean by waking up? When you get a push message, toast, text or alert, the screen will turn on for a few seconds and then go black again. Being capacitive, a case or you pocket (unless you hand is in it) will not keep the screen on. So no worries. That's why you need to slide the lock screen to unlock the phone.

Did you change anything thing in Sound settings where you are now getting these wakeups?

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Diamondx_8

May 18, 2011
Visit site
By waking up I mean:

- The phone is sitting there with a black screen.
- I then hear the noise I normally hear when I slide the lock screen up.
- The screen then appears as if I have slid the lock screen up and is on and fully visible for one minute until the screen automatically shuts down.

It just started doing this over and over which was draining my battery because the screen was on more than normal. I have not change any of the sound settings but I have received a few updates over the past week. I can't remember all of them but the WPcentral app and the BBC app received updates.

I am going to watch it today to see what happens. All background tasks are turned off and I will selective turn them on to see if it starts again. I have at least two apps that I can't turn background tasks off. I may uninstall those if needed.

I love my HTC Titan. This is just an odd quirk that has to be app related because I had the phone since Black Friday with no issues at all.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven