New Items... Not really there!

dirtbound

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
I'm running the HTC Arrive on Sprint and for the past two days I've been seeing on the Live Tile for my Profile that I have "2 New Items".

However when I launch the tile there are no Notifications or What's New items that show as being "New Items".

I have:
Removed and re-pinned the Profile Live Tile...
Performed a SYNC on all accounts...
Rebooted the device...

It always comes back to say there are 2 New Items.

Has anyone else ever had this occur? Any ideas or solutions?

:confused:

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
:D:D WELCOME TO WPCENTRAL :D:D:D Dirtybound!!

witch tile are you taking about any ways? the*ME* tile?

trying turning OFF the live tile? and turning it back on(in options)..not just un-pin..

if not ,
-uninstal app and re-instal app if not a BUILD IN app
- battery pull ,
- or Hard reset....

dirtbound

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
:D:D WELCOME TO WPCENTRAL :D:D:D Dirtybound!!

witch tile are you taking about any ways? the*ME* tile?

trying turning OFF the live tile? and turning it back on(in options)..not just un-pin..

if not ,
-uninstal app and re-instal app if not a BUILD IN app
- battery pull ,
- or Hard reset....
Se1fcr3ation,

Thanks for the reply...

Yes it's the 'Me' tile I am referring to (Sorry about the bad terminology in the original post)...

Regarding the ME Tile 'Options'... I don't see 'Options' when I launch the tile. Also in the Settings under email+accounts OR the People Hub there is no reference to the ME Live Tile functions.

I hadn't tried removing the battery yet, so I just did that. I'll let you know the results (it usually takes a few minutes for the problem to re-appear).

That's the other thing I forgot to mention in the original post. The Me tile acts like it should when I go into the tile and back out, the "2 New Items" message goes away for a few minutes, but then re-appears.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
that's weird that it goes away and comes back..

i have that problem with the marketplace. its like it doesn't remember that i already got the update for the app/game , lol and tells me to get it again!!...

you MIGHT have to do a hard factory reset. that normally fixes 99% of the problems. but you will losse ALL saved data on Games/apps :(

dirtbound

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
that's weird that it goes away and comes back..

i have that problem with the marketplace. its like it doesn't remember that i already got the update for the app/game , lol and tells me to get it again!!...

you MIGHT have to do a hard factory reset. that normally fixes 99% of the problems. but you will losse ALL saved data on Games/apps :(
No luck after the Battery removal... I'm going to give it a week before I perform a Reset just to see if it gets worked out of the system so to speak.

Funny you mention the Marketplace glitch... I had that for a few days as well. That stopped happening on it's own for me though, hopefully the same thing will happen here.

Thanks again for the replies. I'll update this thread next week sometime with the status of this issue.

dirtbound

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
Update...

So it appears to have been tied to one particular item in my Facebook notifications under the Me tile.

One of my Notifications showed that '2' people had Liked a Facebook post of mine, however when I actually clicked on that Notification the original Facebook post showed that only '1' person Liked that comment.

Thinking that was strange I looked at the Facebook website and saw that indeed two people had Liked to post. I deleted that post from my Facebook history (and it's likes with it of course) and after re-syncing my Facebook account it appears to have resolved the issue.

The 'New Items' notification was gone until later in the night when I saw yet again '2 New Items'... however this time they were legitimately 2 "New Items".

So something seems to have gone wrong with a Sync operation with regard to that one post. But no way to reproduce it to say 100%.

brianpaulflynn

Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
I've the same problems with my HTC Arrive. Have seen the problem w/ Market Place. I've also had the ME tile tell me there are more notifications than there really are. That always seems to be that there really are notifications but when I click through the tile to see them, it will omit some. When I go to the mobile site, i see them. i'm trying various things to troubleshoot and will share an answer if i find one but would appreciate it if someone has an answer they can share...

brianpaulflynn

Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
I've removed all social networking sites except Live (can't remove it w/o hard rebuild) then soft powered down and removed the battery for 15 minutes. After booting back up, i added FB and allowed it 5 minutes to ensure a full sync. Then i added Twitter and LinkedIn, following the same pattern of waiting. I still have my # items match what it should, when I drill down into the notifications under the tile, some are missing and i find them via the mobile site.

i will give this a week or a day to sort out before hard rebuild (wipe).

This is very frustrating! :mad:

Verkunder

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I just recently had this happen, and I deleted Facebook then added it again, no problems since. Have you linked Facebook to Windows Live through the web browser? That might have something to do with it.

brianpaulflynn

Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I do think I have it linked through the web browser. I will check on that. My latest suspicion is that multiple devices accessing FB, particularly different platforms and apps, may have something to do with it. I have an iPad that I occasionally access my account with. A couple of days ago, I noticed that it was still logged in. I usually log out as it is a shared family device. I logged out and am giving it time to see if it works it's self out. If that doesn't work after a few days, i will try removing and re-linking at the live.com level. What's interesting, is that it seems that the glitch will be particular to some posts over others. I am a fairly active FBer and I have noticed that the glitch does not favor particular friends, but once i see this glitch occur on one post, other comments and likes are prone to not show up on my phone so I suspect that possibly, the iPad somehow claims ownership over those post notifications and steals them away from my phone. I will post back my findings.

dirtbound

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I do think I have it linked through the web browser. I will check on that. My latest suspicion is that multiple devices accessing FB, particularly different platforms and apps, may have something to do with it. I have an iPad that I occasionally access my account with. A couple of days ago, I noticed that it was still logged in. I usually log out as it is a shared family device. I logged out and am giving it time to see if it works it's self out. If that doesn't work after a few days, i will try removing and re-linking at the live.com level. What's interesting, is that it seems that the glitch will be particular to some posts over others. I am a fairly active FBer and I have noticed that the glitch does not favor particular friends, but once i see this glitch occur on one post, other comments and likes are prone to not show up on my phone so I suspect that possibly, the iPad somehow claims ownership over those post notifications and steals them away from my phone. I will post back my findings.
So... I started having this problem again while I was out of town a couple of weeks ago... After reading your guys last few posts I decided to try a couple of things.

1: Yes my Facebook account was linked to my Windows Live account, this however is a requirement if you want to have Facebook Chat functionality within the Message hub. Not to mention it seemed to outright stop notifying me of ANY comments after removing that connection.

2: I deleted my facebook account from my WP7 device and re-added it, accepting the "Connect to Facebook" request for Chat functionality again.

3: The only other thing I can think of is that I have the Facebook WP7 application installed on my device and like someone else mentioned above, maybe that is causing some of the problems.

Let me know what your results have been over the past few days, but from what I am seeing around the internet, we are not alone and this has started cropping up on quite a few people's devices as of late.

brianpaulflynn

Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
also, i've removed the FB and Twitter apps, blew away and reconfigured accounts. No luck. :'(. Though I do now recall that I have the IN+ app for LinkedIn... maybe I should try removing it?..

brianpaulflynn

Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
dang.. didn't think I'd see it so quickly. Already I see a like on m.facebook.com that my Me tile doesn't report. Interestingly, when I rebuilt the phone, I did not have to reconnect twitter or linkedin. I suspect that's b/c it's linked at the live.com level. Hmm... I may have to try unlinking twitter and linked in for a while. :-(

brianpaulflynn

Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
Since a hard reset didn't require me to link my twitter and linkedin accounts, i deleted them and ran w/o them until seeing the symptoms again. Then I re-added them. For an extra measure, i also removed and re-added my FB account. I have not installed FB, twitter or linkedin apps since the hard reset; running straight up native for all social media accounts. At this point, I suspect it's all back end stuff e.g. Microsoft services. Maybe i can destroy and recreate the FB, twitter and linkedin associations via live.com?.. Nearly out of ideas at this point. I tweeted @WinPhoneSupport and they said they are researching.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs