Experience at Verizon Wireless store

illegaloperation

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
I walked into a Verizon Wireless store and saw that HTC Trophy was on display. I thought that it was a good sign, but things only went worst from there.

The tag on the HTC Trophy was $149.99. I show him the online $29.99 price, but he said that was an online only discount although the online discount was only $50.00 so the store price should be $79.99.

He then proceeded to tell me that phone has no apps and is buggy. I asked him to show me what's the issue with the phone, but he suddenly said "this phone has been discontinued".

He then attempted to sell me the HTC Thunderbolt because it's 49.99 and "has 4G".

Apparently, he also told me that Verizon is the only carrier to have LTE.

Dormage

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
I walked into a Verizon Wireless store and saw that HTC Trophy was on display. I thought that it was a good sign, but things only went worst from there.

The tag on the HTC Trophy was $149.99. I show him the online $29.99 price, but he said that was an online only discount although the online discount was only $50.00 so the store price should be $79.99.

He then proceeded to tell me that phone has no apps and is buggy. I asked him to show me what's the issue with the phone, but he suddenly said "this phone has been discontinued".

He then attempted to sell me the HTC Thunderbolt because it's 49.99 and "has 4G".

Apparently, he also told me that Verizon is the only carrier to have LTE.
I don't know how things work in your country but where i come from we file a complaint against workers like this and they get fired !
It might not be karma free but it at least makes workers read what 4G is !
Clearly there was some anti WP7 bias in there too? A buggy phone eh?

Premium1

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I don't know how things work in your country but where i come from we file a complaint against workers like this and they get fired !

That won't work in the US.

condemned

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm not gonna lie. As someone who likes both platforms, if someone offered me a choice between the Thunderbolt and Trophy, I'd probably go for the Thunderbolt. But that's mostly because I prefer Android apps to Windows phone apps as well as Google to Bing.

Verizon and Sprint need to get some new Windows phones this year. They only have 1 each. T-Mobile also needs something new. Looks like they stopped selling the HD7. They never sold Venue Pros in stores. All they have for Windows phone are the Radar and 710 but the Radar in white looks unappealing compared to its silver counterpart and the 710's design just looks...low end. Windows phone is gonna remain behind BlackBerry if they just keep giving ATT all the good Windows phones.

threed61

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site

If they fired all phone store employees who are wrong or lying, how would they staff the places?

illegaloperation

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site

That doesn't work in the US.

I'm not gonna lie. As someone who likes both platforms, if someone offered me a choice between the Thunderbolt and Trophy, I'd probably go for the Thunderbolt. But that's mostly because I prefer Android apps to Windows phone apps as well as Google to Bing.

Verizon and Sprint need to get some new Windows phones this year. They only have 1 each. T-Mobile also needs something new. Looks like they stopped selling the HD7. They never sold Venue Pros in stores. All they have for Windows phone are the Radar and 710 but the Radar in white looks unappealing compared to its silver counterpart and the 710's design just looks...low end. Windows phone is gonna remain behind BlackBerry if they just keep giving ATT all the good Windows phones.

Verizon is the carrier whose lineup is most in dire need of new Windows Phones right now. T-Mobile have two 2nd generation Windows Phones even if they are low-end. The HTC Radar is surprisingly popular and I've seen quite a few of them in the wild. As for Sprint, its legacy network is so slow that it's next to impossible to use.

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
first of all i never step foot in a retail store for this reason, i buy online because it is cheaper and you dont have to deal with ignorant sales reps who think they know it all. when in fact they dont know SH*T!!! had a tmobile rep in my bank yesterday who started talking to one of the tellers about phones, he told her he was interested in a wp7, and she said she didnt like them, yet didnt know anything about it! all people keep saying is they dont have any apps! they have plaenty of apps! 60,000 +!1 how many d*mn apps do you need? i would like to see words with friends, nfl, and pandora moved over but not missing antything else.

i activated my verizon trophy today and duriong the activation process i ahd a conversation with the rep and she asked me if i like windows phones. i said yes i love it, she said she didnt like them.... i asked why and she then said " well i have never played on one so i dont really know" i laughed and told her she should try it out before she makes an assumption and that i have used everey OS and find that wp7 is by far my favorite and listed several reasons why...

this is a stigma against microsoft that will take time to get over, but i am slowly seeing people trending this way. i just wish people would speak from experience and not assumptions. however, lets educate those people, and have fun with it. truth is we know way more than 99% of store reps. so next time you hear something like this... make them feel stupid by proving them wrong, ask questions they dont know answers to, then answer it for them...

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site

"they" dont give ATT all the good phones Dude! TMo has what they have because thats what TMo wants with their dollars. Sprint's dollars went big on the iPhone. Verizon was offered the 900 and whiffed. It looks like they will be getting a 930 later hopefully Sprint will get in on that as well. WPdevices need to be on all US carriers in a big way but that is primarily if not completely up to the carriers themselves

red grenadine

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
"they" dont give ATT all the good phones Dude! TMo has what they have because thats what TMo wants with their dollars. Sprint's dollars went big on the iPhone. Verizon was offered the 900 and whiffed. It looks like they will be getting a 930 later hopefully Sprint will get in on that as well. WPdevices need to be on all US carriers in a big way but that is primarily if not completely up to the carriers themselves

I don't think people understand this enough.

For phone manufacturers, at least in the USA, the customers are the carriers.

The carriers are the ones buying phones from Nokia/Samsung/Etc.

End consumers are just the customers of their Carriers.

If a carrier doesn't want to purchase phones from Nokia, then no Nokia phones will be offered by that carrier to end consumers. Simple as that. Nokia can obviously throw in sweeteners such as lowering the price carriers have to pay for their phones (just as carriers do to end consumers), but if carriers don't deem it worthwhile to buy Nokia phones, they won't offer any to consumers.

SeeVuPlay

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Was at Att store yesterday. Told them i wanted the Focus S. She said we dont really sell those anymore, as she was walking around the store looking for the phones. Then i pointed to the back right wall corner and said u have several over there. They have no clue about windows phone....still. I left there without a purchase, but i did order the hd7s off of amazon for 1 cent. This is in Charleston sc, near the coliseum. This is not the first instant. These anti-windows behavior occurred in charlotte att, sprint. Didnt bother with verizon at all.

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Was at Att store yesterday. Told them i wanted the Focus S. She said we dont really sell those anymore, as she was walking around the store looking for the phones. Then i pointed to the back right wall corner and said u have several over there. They have no clue about windows phone....still. I left there without a purchase, but i did order the hd7s off of amazon for 1 cent. This is in Charleston sc, near the coliseum. This is not the first instant. These anti-windows behavior occurred in charlotte att, sprint. Didnt bother with verizon at all.
Wow. That's just pathetic. "We don't really sell those anymore." Really, AT&T?

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site

Maybe she meant, "We don't sell that anymore. Well... we actually don't sell anything. We're horrible salespeople. I'm pretty sure we'll getting fired soon."

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
My local ATT sgtore is not like that at all the guys know about windows phones the flash focus s and titan and there are live demo units to play with. I Most of them areusing the vivid and skyrocket II but they know about the WP and can talk with customers knowledgeably.

Silverdogz

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
I was at a T-Mobile kiosk yesterday and they had ads for the Lumia 710 plastered on many spaces. The person I talked to had fairly good knowledge about the Windows Phone OS. When I asked about apps he said most of the mainstream apps are there as well as some better alternatives. This was at Alderwood mall by the way.

Sent from my SGH-i937 using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mducros