Syncing .edu Email Accounts on Windows Phone

OldboyJules

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys,

I have a Samsung Focus S. Love it.

My only problem, and I I'm not sure if this is specific to the device, is that I can't sync up the gmail based university .edu account. It's VERY annoying b/c of all my email accounts, that is the one with the most traffic and I can't even sync it to my phone. Idk if I should change certain settings on the web-based account or if there are certain settings on the phone I need to change. Is there anyone else having this problem?

And if you have a solution, can you enumerate the steps you took to set up your .edu email account.

Thanks!

enahs555

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
It depends a lot on how your university is setup.

Go to your university email help page and get the info for either setting up email as a POP account or an IMAP account, and do that correspondingly manually in the phone.

red grenadine

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Try enabling POP or IMAP in your university Gmail account settings

Then insert those POP/IMAP settings during account configuration on your phone

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
How do you log in to your account? Is it directly through like a GMail login page, where you enter your e-mail and password and sign in?

Or is it more like you sign into your student account (like the one you use for registering for classes and such) then you can click a link on the homepage somewhere and it will take you straight to E-Mail?

If it's the latter, then your student account password may not be your GMail password. I remember there was a page I had to visit where it would let me setup my own GMail password, then after that I was able to set up the e-mail account on my phone just like any other GMail account.

If you're stuck and don't know what to do, try contacting your university's IT Department, they'll be able to help.

rich4A1

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
A rather unrealistic suggestion: tell your school to switch to Exchange Server. My current .edu is on an Exchange an it's fantatic. First time in years I found Outlook (both desktop and WP versions) actualy useful. Very useful indeed.

btbam91

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I have a Focus S also, and my school uses Gmail. I go to google.usc.edu to get to my email, where I place my. SCHOOL CREDENTIALS. To get that your school Gmail to sync do your Windows Phone, you need your GMAIL CREDENTIALS for your school email. Go to Gmail.com. You need to find the credentials that will access your school Gmail through this log in page. That is what you use to sync to your phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo