the last time i had a wp, my hd7 had an htc youtube app in the htc apps hub... now it isnt therre anymore and i am forced to use a 3rd party youtube app? what happened to it and what do you guys use? it seems the default youtue app in fact just launches a mobile web page... blah
    01-28-2012 10:09 AM
    I use metrotube, but that's no longer available. Supertube is pretty good.

Sent from my Windows7 Phone using Board Express
    01-28-2012 10:39 AM
    Get Lazytube.
    01-28-2012 02:58 PM
    Get Lazytube.
    I thought Lazytube became Metrotube but since then has been discontinued.
    01-28-2012 03:16 PM
    is this a joke? how can there not be a real youtube app? htc youtube is gone, lazytube is gone, metrotube is gone? wtf? why?
    01-29-2012 10:07 AM
    is this a joke? how can there not be a real youtube app? htc youtube is gone, lazytube is gone, metrotube is gone? wtf? why?
    Google that's why.

Get Youtubre pro. ( I still have Metrotube :D )
    01-29-2012 10:20 AM
    i dont understand, did google buy youtube ? and now not allowing microsoft to use the application on their devices?
    01-29-2012 10:24 AM
    Vimeo.
    01-29-2012 10:30 AM
    Google owns Youtube for quite some time but doesn't allow Microsoft to make an official Youtube app for God knows what reason. ( Youtube has an official app on Xbox so it's not like they hate each other )
    01-29-2012 10:33 AM
    Google owns Youtube for quite some time but doesn't allow Microsoft to make an official Youtube app for God knows what reason. ( Youtube has an official app on Xbox so it's not like they hate each other )
    All joking aside, I think it's a function of marketshare. I would not be surprised to find out that it's on their list of **** to do, but Windows Phone users are few and far between, so it's likely just low priority.
    01-29-2012 10:47 AM
    We should make an online petition. That always work... lol
    01-29-2012 11:03 AM
    I think HTC Youtube app broke because when API changes on Google's end, HTC was too lazy to update the app. My HTC Youtube app wasn't working for the past few days or weeks. So I just uninstalled it.
    01-29-2012 05:00 PM
    Vimeo.
    Vimeo doesn't have a lot of the music I like to listen to.

I think HTC Youtube app broke because when API changes on Google's end, HTC was too lazy to update the app. My HTC Youtube app wasn't working for the past few days or weeks. So I just uninstalled it.
    I'm watching a video on the HTC youtube app right now. I rarely use it though.
    01-29-2012 05:18 PM
    Yeah my HTC YouTube app is working fine too. Don't use it much either. :)

Use MetroTube & YouTube Pro mostly.
    01-29-2012 05:23 PM
    I liked the HTC Youtube app, works good over all.... Had to find it and side load it...
    01-30-2012 01:34 AM
    Vimeo doesn't have a lot of the music I like to listen to.
    Lol so you're one of those people who go to YouTube to listen to music?
    01-30-2012 02:38 AM
    I liked the HTC Youtube app, works good over all.... Had to find it and side load it...
    where did you find the htc youtube app ? and how did you side load it? i knew how to do that on android but not on wp7... i loved that app, it meshed well with the metro UI , kinda looked like zune... plus the tile looked good. so evidently HTC pulled the app and the only people with it now had it previously downloaded, which means it will no longer be updated either...
    01-30-2012 11:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD