what happened to the htc youtube app?

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
the last time i had a wp, my hd7 had an htc youtube app in the htc apps hub... now it isnt therre anymore and i am forced to use a 3rd party youtube app? what happened to it and what do you guys use? it seems the default youtue app in fact just launches a mobile web page... blah

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
is this a joke? how can there not be a real youtube app? htc youtube is gone, lazytube is gone, metrotube is gone? wtf? why?

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
i dont understand, did google buy youtube ? and now not allowing microsoft to use the application on their devices?

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Google owns Youtube for quite some time but doesn't allow Microsoft to make an official Youtube app for God knows what reason. ( Youtube has an official app on Xbox so it's not like they hate each other )

jalb

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Google owns Youtube for quite some time but doesn't allow Microsoft to make an official Youtube app for God knows what reason. ( Youtube has an official app on Xbox so it's not like they hate each other )

All joking aside, I think it's a function of marketshare. I would not be surprised to find out that it's on their list of **** to do, but Windows Phone users are few and far between, so it's likely just low priority.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I think HTC Youtube app broke because when API changes on Google's end, HTC was too lazy to update the app. My HTC Youtube app wasn't working for the past few days or weeks. So I just uninstalled it.

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I liked the HTC Youtube app, works good over all.... Had to find it and side load it...

where did you find the htc youtube app ? and how did you side load it? i knew how to do that on android but not on wp7... i loved that app, it meshed well with the metro UI , kinda looked like zune... plus the tile looked good. so evidently HTC pulled the app and the only people with it now had it previously downloaded, which means it will no longer be updated either...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3