Best way to import contacts from an old Blackberry?

weezywally

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
My brother is about to get a Nokia Lumia 800 like me and we just want to know the best way to import over all his contacts and easily link them all to his Facebook contacts. The contacts transfer app wont work because it's not supported.

weezywally

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Its a blackberry curve, we have contacts stored on the phone and not in any sort of cloud.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Its a blackberry curve, we have contacts stored on the phone and not in any sort of cloud.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express
Weezy, IIRC you can use Desktop Manager to do an export from Contacts on the BB and then import to any system you like. It's been a while. I still have a BB 8530 so can test if you like.
Also, I added a Gmail account a while ago as a contingency a while ago and when I added new contacts, it gave ma a choice of adding it to the BB or Gmail and I would add it to the Gmail so it was like doing a backup to the cloud. Doesn't help you right not, but maybe for the future.
For now, I would try the Desktop Manager route.

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Windows Phone only seems to be able to import contacts via SIM card, Live/GMail/Exchange/etc., or Microsoft Outlook WITH Microsoft Exchange.

Contacts on Windows Phone | Import Contacts from PC and Email Account | Windows Phone 7

That is why I'm asking if the Blackberry can sync contacts with GMail or Live, because once the BB syncs it and the contacts are online, you just have to add the account to the WP and it'll be there. Furthermore, since contacts are in the "cloud" if you ever lose your device or switch devices the contacts are store online.

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
I believe I used BB Desktop Manager to export contacts to Outlook then up to Windows Live. From there they download themselves to the phone.

Umm Yeah

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
I believe I used BB Desktop Manager to export contacts to Outlook then up to Windows Live. From there they download themselves to the phone.

That's basically what I did. I synced my BlackBerry with Outlook. Then did an export from Outlook to a CSV file. Then I imported the CSV file to the gmail account (or hotmail/Windows Live account) that I was going to use to sync with my WP7 phone. Then after I set up the WP7 phone, it automatically synced the contacts going forward.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos