Anyone still experiencing 'keyboard drop' after update?

jdd77

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
Maybe its just my phone but since the 8107 update last week, my keyboard still falls out when Im typing. It was fine at fist, then it started with a couple isolated times and now it's happening again more frequently.
If 8107 wasn't intended to fix the keyboard issue, then I apologize for this post. If it was, then Im wondering if 'keyboard drop' is just gonna be a fact of wp7 life..

correction: it was brought to my attention from the responses to this post that I had received a firmware update and not 8107. I have the trophy...so I might not see this update at all.

Last edited:

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I got an update on my trophy the other day and I still have the disappearing keyboard. Somewhat disappointed in that.

Sent from my Windows7 Phone using Board Express

PG2G

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
I got an update on my trophy the other day and I still have the disappearing keyboard. Somewhat disappointed in that.

Sent from my Windows7 Phone using Board Express

You probably got a firmware update, not 8107. OP, did you actually confirm that you're on 8107?

jdd77

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
There are posts that clearly state that this update was the long over due fix for the keyboard problem. I plugged into Zune and it went through all the updating steps. If this wasn't 8107, then what was it? There was no talk of it.

Giddora

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
My 800 came shipped with the newest OS and Firmware... And my keyboard has only disappeared if I accidentally click above any of the letters on the first row.

jdd77

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
Weebear- do you know if there was another update besides 8107? I definitely updated to something. I got the update available message, plugged into Zune, went thru all the steps. Took close to an hour. I just checked my settings and Im at ver. 7.10.7720.68. Is this any kind of update at all or do I need to call Verizon?

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
That build is Mango jdd77, some firmware has been released for certain phones but not the 8107 build yet jdd77.

You may have got some firmware updates but not the 8107 operating system as yet.

If you had noted down your firmware before you updated you would probably see you now have newer firmware.

Firmware updates can be for a whole range of things including improved connections, wifi improvements, sound etc

jdd77

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
That build is Mango jdd77, some firmware has been released for certain phones but not the 8107 build yet jdd77.

You may have got some firmware updates but not the 8107 operating system as yet.

If you had noted down your firmware before you updated you would probably see you now have newer firmware.

Firmware updates can be for a whole range of things including improved connections, wifi improvements, sound etc

It seemed like it was supposed to be a big update. Ok thanks weebear...

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, i'm sure 8107 will be with you soon, just a little patience, but if you're anything like me jdd77, I like all my updates yesterday. :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte